icon

$1000 budget, woofers, amp, box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmw9786 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
well i have to keep the audiobahns. i dont no why u all hate on them!, they bang , im not a brand hore and i buy what i like, so what ur all saying is "the hifonics is good" and to check out memphis and true technologies, and to get some one to build me a box( i dont no about that one) i used a search engine and the subs i got matched to that box(the subs recamendations are .50-1.50 cubic feet, and the box is .88 so whats wrong with that?)
i came,i saw, i forgot everything
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Pre-fab boxes are usually crap.
We're not "hating" on Audiobahn. We just think there are better performing subs for the same amount of money. We're trying to give you a better VALUE for your money.
So, you say the Audiobahns "bang" or whatever. The subs we are suggesting will probably "bang" harder, last longer, sound better, and be under warranty. Can't you understand that we're not "hating," we're just recommending what we think are better solutions.
I still think you should buy the system I recommended on your original thread. It was superior in every way to the system you've selected and cost less.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Pre-fab boxes are usually crap.
We're not "hating" on Audiobahn. We just think there are better performing subs for the same amount of money. We're trying to give you a better VALUE for your money.
So, you say the Audiobahns "bang" or whatever. The subs we are suggesting will probably "bang" harder, last longer, sound better, and be under warranty. Can't you understand that we're not "hating," we're just recommending what we think are better solutions.
I still think you should buy the system I recommended on your original thread. It was superior in every way to the system you've selected and cost less.
  i aint mad man! its jsut that i see a lot of people on here dont like what i like! everyone one is different. so what do u think about the hifonics i listed  http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_3491.html will it be vibrating everything and there mother even when my back seats are up in my 95 civic? and thanks 4 ur help, uve been helping me on everything!
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
You have a 95 civic? Alright. Let me be clear about this. Your 95 civic doesn't have the electrical system for that amplifier. To handle that amplifier without causing problems you'd need to upgrade your alternator and your wiring. This is expensive.
This is one of the reasons I suggested the lower powered Blaupunkt in your original thread.
Those more efficient JBL subs and the blaupunkt amplifier will be just as loud as that Audiobahn setup, be more appropriate for your electrical system, cheaper, and under warranty.
Let me repeat this so you get it. :-)
The other system I recommended would be:
1) JUST AS LOUD
2) BETTER FOR YOUR CAR
3) CHEAPER
4) UNDER WARRANTY
5) SOUND BETTER
6) LAST LONGER
7) PLAY DEEPER - hey, more vibrations!
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
You have a 95 civic? Alright. Let me be clear about this. Your 95 civic doesn't have the electrical system for that amplifier. To handle that amplifier without causing problems you'd need to upgrade your alternator and your wiring. This is expensive.
This is one of the reasons I suggested the lower powered Blaupunkt in your original thread.
Those more efficient JBL subs and the blaupunkt amplifier will be just as loud as that Audiobahn setup, be more appropriate for your electrical system, cheaper, and under warranty.
Let me repeat this so you get it. :-)
The other system I recommended would be:
1) JUST AS LOUD
2) BETTER FOR YOUR CAR
3) CHEAPER
4) UNDER WARRANTY
5) SOUND BETTER
6) LAST LONGER
7) PLAY DEEPER - hey, more vibrations!
all right good lookin
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

bmw wrote:
  i aint mad man! its jsut that i see a lot of people on here dont like what i like! everyone one is different.

....you'll change.....we all do eventually.  Time and experience wins out over hearing advice, but if you truly didn't WANT to hear the opinions of others you wouldn't have asked in the first place. 

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah your really going to have a problem no matter what amp you get unless you find yourself a nice high output alternator for your car.  Once the power supply issue is out of the way , then you can look into bigger amps to match the amount of power you have available to you from your alternator.  Going with 3 subs is going to present you with a wireing problem, the only way you can wire all 3 is to 2.66 ohm, or 6 ohm, neither of those impedances are really close to "industry standard" amp output rateings.  If you stuck with 2 of those sub you hve now, and wired them to 1 ohm then you get your hands on a nice 1 ohm stable mono amp to beat the snot out of your car with.

I guarantee you that if you only put the 2 subs in, get a nice respected amp, and put the subs in a box specially calibrated/designed for those subs, you will indefinately have a louder system then your buddy.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic