icon

New enclosure recomendations

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Alrite im getting rid of the 10's in the front center console and planning on putting some 15's in the back of my expy. I have plenty of room with the 3rd seat taken out. I just bought 2 15" M3's from memphis. I am planning on buying a 3rd one. I need some recomendations on how i should design this box. I was thinking about making a box in the shape of a half hexagon, and having one sub in the middle and 1 on each side facing in. I plan on slot vented all 3 subs. Also having an amp rack on the top for 2 amps. with some red LED's. Should i seperate each sub or have one huge enclosure for all 3 subs to share air space? Is this an ok idea as far as bass goes? I also plan on fiberglassing over the MDF. All suggestions would be helpful or any pictures to help me out that would be appreciated. Thankyou!!
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
This is "3 Subs Nite", so you're just in time.  Did you figure the impedance you'll be using with 3 subs?  Personally, I think you could get more db's and better quality sound using two subs firing in the same direction.  But the neon sounds good.
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
Alrite good. Im getting some feedback. I appreciate your reply stevdart. So u think i should just go with 2 15's facing the back? If i went with 2 15's i would wire them at 2 ohms. Andyone else have any input?? Thankyou
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic