icon

1990 Toyota Camry, Viper 771XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HeNry2kool 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

I'm new to the forums but I really need help on the installation for the Viper 771XV system.  Before I start, I am installing this on to a 1990 Toyota Camry.  I've pretty much gotten most of the basic functions to work, but there's a few I'm having troubles with.

First is I can't get the starter kill to work.  I have all the ignition wires connected to the heavy guage satellite relay, and even the remote starting works.  But I can still start the car with the key with the system armed and even with the siren going off.  The starter wire is completely cut and the purple wire is connected to the starter side and the green is connected to the key side.  Am I missing something else?  It seemed that's all I had to connect since it has a on-board starter kill.  Also, is it normal that my gauges/tach and accessories doesn't turn during a remote start?

2nd is the dual stage shock sensor, it seems that I'm suppose to cut the green wire loop at the end of the connector and connect the green wire from the sensor to one of the ends of the cut wires to enable the first stage or 'Warn Away' chirps.  Am I suppose to connect it to the green wire that's by itself on the connector or the one that's attached with the blue wire?  I've tried to connect it to either one of them and the siren goes into a full alarm sequence on a first stage shock.

The 3rd is the status LED flashes after disarming the system after a triggering the alarm and it flashes in a interval of 2 flashes.  It won't turn off until I unplug the power by disconnecting the harness from the control unit.  Does anyone know what that might mean? I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual that would indicate what it is.

HeNry2kool 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
One more thing I forgot to add, how should I calibrate the dual stage shock sensor senstivity?  How hard of a hit should trigger the warning chirps and how hard should trigger the full alarm?
HeNry2kool 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Update:  Turns out the wiring diagram got the ignition 1 and 2 wires mixed up which was keeping the remote start from functioning  properly and the starter kill from working.  Everything seems to be working ok now, my last step now is to set the shock sensor's sensitivity.
iceman88 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
you should set the shock sensor so that when you punch the trunk with the bottom of your fist (so it doesn't hurt) using medium to hard force the warn away should chirp.  only when you really put force behind your punch should the alarm fully sound if you're hitting the trunk.  when you move up to the drivers door (assuming you're shock sensor is under the dash) the punch will have to be lighter because it's more sensitive up there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic