Honda OEM immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss79 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all

I want to by-pass my Honda OEM immobilizer but cannot figure out how to do it ... Car is Honda Prelude (4th generation) 1995.

My immobilizer works as this: I have one reader where i have to connect my "key". When this key has been connected for a while (about 2 seconds)led stops flashing which tells that immobilizer has been disabled. This is my "key":

http://www2.lut.fi/~halaason/temp/key_en.jpg

If I dont turn ignition key in 30 seconds, led starts flashing again and immobilizer is armed.

I investigated reader and it contains 3 wires: 1 red which has about 1 - 2 volts for flashing led, 1 black which is ground and 1 white wire which has continously about 11,5v. When i put my "key" into reader voltage drops into ~9v and when i disconnect, it raises back to 11,5v. It seems that this key contains some resistor which does the work.

When I followed the wires coming from this reader unit, I found this controller box:

http://www2.lut.fi/~halaason/temp/Picture%20018.jpg

There were two heavier cables coming to box: one was from ignition switch and other one contained always 12v. Then there were three wires which came from key reader unit. Other wires were unknown to me. This is a picture which shows the cables:

http://www2.lut.fi/~halaason/temp/Picture%20021_en.jpg

This picture shows also the connector from reader unit:

http://www2.lut.fi/~halaason/temp/Picture%20019_en.jpg

Question: Is there easy way out to disable the whole immobilizer?

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

it looks as if  the unit is a simple plug in unit..no wires to cut.  the connectors in the pics appear to have mating pieces...the unit disconnects various circuits via the main box.  did you try to plug the connector ends in the car to a joining connector or part in the car?  just a thought.

mark

ss79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
Mark: I didn't try that. It feels to me that there are too many wires wich would be left without joining connector if i remove the whole unit.
It is still unclear how this immobilizer actually works. When it is armed and i try to start the car, gauge lights come on normally, there is clicking sound from some relay (i believe it is PGM-FI main relay) but starter stays silent.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
first time seeing stand-alone antitheft unit. anyways, do you have to use a regular key along w/ the rectagular box key?
as far as disable the whole unit, just leave that antitheft unit out and follow Weens idea.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ss79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
That rectagular box key reader is located in middle console and yes, I use my regular key to start the engine.
Have I understood you right: I should try to remove some connectors connecting to antitheft unit and connect those directly with each other (=bypass the whole antitheft unit) ?
Like I said, there are quite many cables going in and out from that box, this could be quite demanding task. Any ideas where to start ?
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
sup guys i was reading this post and i have a 98 accord with the oem immobilizer system in it the way mines work is the system needs a key that has sorta like a chip in it once u put that in the ignition switch it reads it and if the code is right the car will start and if u use the wrong key it will crank but won't start witch means it kills the fuel pump so it won't start i say if your going to rip that system out of your prelude i wouldn't do it beacuse if u do there might be some stuff u need in that system for the car to start i would leave it alone and if your installing and alarm or so use a 555u module.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

ok from the 20019 pic, on the right side, it looks as if the three pin connectors are a mating set as are the eight? pin ones slightly to the left of those.  that leaves the reader connector, two female tab connectors and a ground terminal.  one of the female tab connectors appears to be fused (battery perhaps) which leaves the one wire left.  if the connectors do mate up i'd try to trace the wiring back into the controller box more.  the heavy gauge wire i bet is the starter interrupt circuit, the other connector for the fuel interrupt and maybe ignition coils too? which accounts for all the wiring (3 heavy duty relays in unit...start/fuel/spark).  unfortunately it would help to see a closeup of both sides of the controller board.  i'll try to help more if i can

mark

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
ss79 wrote:
Like I said, there are quite many cables going in and out from that box, this could be quite demanding task. Any ideas where to start ?
you can start w/ the IGN harness and plug it to the fuse box. i believe there are two of them.
whats your area location?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ss79 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2005 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for giving me new ideas about this issue. Any help is truly appreciated...
Because this is OEM immobilizer (at least "Honda immobilizer" stickers in my windows tell it is) could it be that it is integrated so tight that it would impossible to remove it :-/
Well I must take the unit out, take more pictures and try to check if I can connect the car cables directly without passing the cables through immobilizer unit.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2005 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
sup my question to u is why do u wanna take it out?????? just by pass it i don't get what your trying to do
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic