icon

Kicker vs. Memphis?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

The Memphis M3s have decent musical qualities...They are loud as hell if you put them in the proper enclosure and power them like they need....

The MOJO Is an SPL Monster...Its a very tough sub that will take a lot of abuse,,,Not much for everyday listening and music...But will shake grandmas girdle loose...

If you want something that will be loud and still sound good go with the memphis M-Class subs...They sound Great and put them in a slot ported enclosure and they will get loud...

Another plus with the M-Class is that they are designed to perform in small enclosures....So if you have a car with small trunk you can fit them easily and still have haul space...

Memphis makes a rock solid product....I recomend them..

Kicker vs. Memphis? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

Four of the same 12s can be louder. Everytime you double the number of subs or amount of power you gain 3 db. LIke it was said above, 3 db isn't that noticable.

Say some kid has 2 12s in a sealed box with 200 watts going to each and he's hitting 128 decibels. If you pulled up with 4 of the same 12" subs in a sealed box with 200 watts going to each you would be 6 decibels louder because you doubled the number of subs and power. It dosn't automatically mean that 4 12's will be louder then a single 12 though. A single 12 inch sub with huge excursion could easily be louder than 4 lower end 12s.

wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
ok so im lookin at gaining about 6 db if i were to get 4. Is it worth it? and asmodeus do the m3's have as good sound quality as the mclass subs? i know the m3's have more spl.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
You only look at 6db if you DOUBLE THE POWER you'd give to a 2 subwoofer system. Is this the case?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
ya well see it would either be a 2 subs and 600 watt amp of 4 and and 1200 watt amp so ya. now with my question is that a nice difference or not really worth it?
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, but how will you be wiring the 4 subs? Down to a 2-ohm load, 1, 4? What? Parallel-Parallel? Parallel-Series?
Also, can your car's alternator handle a 1200w amplifier? Not many can.
But to answer your question, yes, a 6db gain is approaching "worth it" territory, in my book.
I want to stress that you need to pay attention to how you'll be wiring it BEFOREHAND though. Otherwise you'll have completely wasted that money and space on the extra subs. :-)
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
down to 2ohms no matter what though im gonna be giving the 2 extra subs the same 600 watts as the other 2 so thats 3 db and another 3 for doublin the surface area. is that a big difference? ill prolly be spending another 300 bucks if i go with the 2 extra subs.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
no body knows?
kfr01 
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
In my previous post I said, "but to answer your question, yes, a 6db gain is approaching "worth it" territory, in my book."
If SPL is your thing, I'd go for it.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic