the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Is alarm w/fact. alarm possible, 05 Grand Prix?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
donup123 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
05 Grand Prix
Car has a factory alarm with the Pass 3 and Retained Access Power. Does NOT have a keyless entry. It was a option, but it was not obtained for this car. To arm the alarm, you must do one of two things:
1)Lock door with key
2)Open door, and lock door with lock on door twice.
To disarm you must open door with key.
I want a keyless entry with 2 way paging function, and to open trunk, and arm/disarm ex factory alarm(which will be left in place).
This is where I'm confused. I was thinking: buy a 2 way alarm, keyless entry. Install no aftermarket siren, only the brain, scensors, and antenna module. Wire the unlock (-) pulse on the aftermarket alarm with 3 diodes to the BCM negative trigger to the FACTORY door trigger(to get RAP__Power), to the Factory unlock door, and to the factory disarm alarm, all these are in the BCM. And vice versa for the lock, arm. For the trunk, wire the aftermarket negative pulse (with 3 diodes), to the trunk trigger, Door trigger(to get power, as there is no accessory), and disarm alarm(as I want the factory alarm to disarm when I open the trunk).
I want my siren to go off when the factory scensor goes off is engauged(when the door is opened), and I want my "silent" aftermarket alarm only to page my keyring(when the aftermarket scensor is tripped).
I want NO hood features, remote start, or window open--only the basic stuff.
Is all this doable? Now here is the other question--once I decide on a 2 way paging alarm, do I need the DB_DLM-4 "Omega Data Bus" or similar DEI data bus, or the Immobilizer Pass key 3 556U or 555U? I was kind of under the impression these were for remote start. I don't think I need any relays as all my factory triggers are neg(-) pulse, and the door unlock is a GM 3-wire type.
....Need Help (-:
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
12volts red (40A), RED / black (30A)  +  ignition harness
Starter yellow  +  ignition harness
Ignition pink  +  ignition harness
Power Lock white  -  BCM, lt. gray plug, pin A2
Notes: Lock is straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays. MUST close doors to lock with a single pulse.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick panel.
Power Unlock same as power lock wire    
Lock Motor gray  5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor tan  5wi driver kick, door harness
Disarm Defeat tan  5wi passenger kick, door harness
Parking Lights+ brown  +  BCM, lt. gray plug, pin B8
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick panel.
Can also use gray/black (+) at the headlight switch.
Parking Lights- N/A    
Hazards same as turn signal wires    
Turn Signal(L) lt. blue/black  +  turn signal switch
Turn Signal(R) dk. blue  +  turn signal switch
Door Trigger lt. grn/blk (D), lt. blue (P)  -  BCM, gray and lt. gray plugs
Notes: The driver door trigger is lt. GREEN/ black in the gray plug, pin B7. The passenger door (and rears on 4 dr) is lt. blue in the lt. gray plug, pin B10. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick panel.
Dome Supervision white  -  BCM, pink plug, pin A11
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is between the blower motor and the passenger side kick panel.
Trunk/Hatch Pin ORANGE / black  -  light in trunk
Hood Pin N/A    
Trunk/Hatch Release black  -  BCM, lt. gray plug, pin A7
Power Sliding Door N/A    
Factory Alarm Arm N/A    
Factory Alarm Disarm N/A    
Disarm No Unlock N/A    
Tachometer white or PURPLE / white  ac  PCM
Notes: On the 2.2L models use white wire in the black plug, pin 19. On the 3.4L models use PURPLE / white wire in the blue plug, pin 8, or white wire in the blue plug, pin 54.
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is under the driver side dash left of the steering column.
Horn Trigger black  -  BCM, gray plug, pin A4
Memory Seat 1 N/A    
Memory Seat 2 N/A    
Memory Seat 3 N/A    
Is alarm w/fact. alarm possible, 05 Grand Prix? -- posted image.
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: Passlock 2Part #: 457G, 555L, or 555T
you have to use a relays don't use diodes
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
donup123 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
"you have to use a relays don't use diodes"
Can u be more specific, as it says isolate with diodes, above. I was goingto diode the 3 factory wires from the BCM, arm, lock, and door trigger together to the door lock, arm on the aftermarket Keyless entry. Is this not correct? Where would I need a relay ,as all my factory stuff is negative pulse triggers?
"Notes: Lock is straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays. MUST close doors to lock with a single pulse."
Ahh I see....here, so I would need a diode and a relay?
"Notes: On the 2.2L models use white wire in the black plug, pin 19. On the 3.4L models use PURPLE / white wire in the blue plug, pin 8, or white wire in the blue plug, pin 54."
The 05 grand prix does not come with a 2.2, or 3.4 liter, they are 3800cc v-6, and v-8 Norhtstar. Is this the correct data?
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  

no northstar in the gp, only 3.8 and 3.8 sc,, northstar is in the boniville, and i think some of that information is wrong, that says something about paslock 2,,,, grand prix have had paslock 3 (pk3 or transponder) sence 2001 or so... this is a fun one to do,,, trust me, you will basically just be t taping into the bcm for just about EVERYTHING, lots of fun, look at www.bulldogsecurity.com for a diagram.. some of the stuff up there doesn't look right, but that's just my memory, i don't remember having to use a resistor for the doors,

here is what i have
this also has a factory alarm disarm section, the diagram above does not, and you OVIOUSLY have a factory alarm if you can arm it,,,, soo i'd try this, i know it works, i've done these, not fun, but they do work

TRANSPONDER, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS and EXTRA IGNITION KEY

PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT RED (+)

BACK of FUSEBOX, PASSENGER UNDERDASH

STARTERYELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
STARTER 2N/A 
IGNITION 1PINK (+) See NOTE *1IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
IGNITION 2N/A  
IGNITION 3N/A  
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2N/A  
KEYSENSEN/A  
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )BROWN / WHITE (-) @ BCM, 18 Pin Plug, Pin 8 See NOTE **  
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )BROWN (+) FRONT of FUSEBOX, PASSENGER UNDERDASH  
POWER LOCKRED / BLACK (TYPE B) @ BCM, Connector C2, Pin 2  
POWER UNLOCKORANGE / BLACK (TYPE B) @ BCM, Connector C2, Pin 11  
LOCK MOTOR WIREGRAY (+) @ BCM, C2, Pin 52 See NOTE *2  
DOOR TRIGGERSee NOTE *3 7141_GRAND-PRIX_(-) NEGATIVE DOOR PIN ISOLATION CIRCUIT.pdf
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISIONGREY/BLACK (+) @ BCM, Connector C1, Pin 43  
TRUNK RELEASELIGHT BLUE (-) @ BCM, Connector C2, Pin 45  
SLIDING POWER DOORN/A  
HORNBROWN (-) @ BCM, 18 Pin Plug, Pin 9  
TACHWHITE @ IGNITION CONTROL Module Pin E See NOTE ****  
WAIT TO START LIGHTN/A  
BRAKEWHITE (+) @ BCM, Connector C2, Pin 30  
FACTORY ALARM DISARM PURPLE (-) @ BCM, Connector C2, Pin 24  
ANTI-THEFTGM'S PASSKEY 3, has PK3 on the Steel Shaft of the key TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER  
NOTES
NOTE *1 there are (2) PINK (+) wires that test as an Ignition wire, to test for the correct PINK IGNITION wire. Place the Key in the Ignition Switch but do not turn to the ON position. Try the remote starter, if the KEY in the IGNITION CHIME turns on, you are energizing the correct PINK Ignition wire.
NOTE *2 the BCM is located just below the DRIVERS SIDE of DASH and to the LEFT of the STEERING COLUMN.
NOTE *3 the DRIVERS DOOR is a GREY/BLACK (-) Pin 26, the PASSENGER DOOR is a BLACK/ WHITE (-) Pin 17, the DRIVERS SIDE REAR DOOR is a LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (-) Pin 7 and the PASSENGERS SIDE REAR DOOR is a LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK Pin 5 all are at the BCM Connector C2. When connecting to an Alarm System use all (4) wires and DIODE ISOLATE. See DIAGRAM
NOTE *4 the IGNITION CONTROL MODULE is located on the TOP of the ENGINE, towards the PASSENGER SIDE.
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
and the bcu or bcm or whatever is on the drivers side, pull the dash down and it's right there on the left, you are going to have to unplug it, and work with just the harnesses (there are two of them) that's the only way you'll ever get in there to make any connections.. have fun, good luck..
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic