icon

AVIC-N2 Navigation Accuracy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jtrevill 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone seen problems with the accuracy of the navigation with their AVIC?  I've had mine installed for about 1 week now, and it's always a little bit off.  If I'm sitting at a stop sign and turning right, it shows me turning off the map, but then quickly adjusts...  Another example - if it routes me off the freeway, down an offramp, and I choose not to get off the freeway, it still see's me as going off the offramp.  It then quickly reroutes me up the otherside of the onramp.   It seems like it's off 10-20 feet...  In the 3D calibration screen, the bars are still not full, will this have an affect on the accuracy?  The brain is installed per spec, and is located right in the middle of the vehicle.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer navigation goes thru a "learning" process. By that, it actually learns and remembers for lack of a better word, how you drive. Once you have driven for a while it will be dead on accurate. I had the same problem with my N2 and my N1. It wouldn't hurt to check your connections again though.
jtrevill 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the input - it is still going through the learning process (I've gone about 1000 miles so far and it's not done yet!).  I've rechecked connections and everything looks okay.  If it doesn't improve after learning is complete I'll be calling Pioneer again I guess..

Thanks!

jtrevill 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Well, i double checked my connections and the system is just about done with the learning process (only has the 3d to finish) and the accuracy hasn't changed.  However recently I noticed that the hideaway unit is aligned correctly, but that the picture of the car (printed on the hideaway box) is facing back not forward.  However when I adjusted it and turned it around I started experiencing all sorts of issues.  When I turned it back it went back to "normal".  THoughts?

Thanks!

Go4DKil 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

You might try resetting learned sensor values after turning hideaway box around.

Page 52 in the operation manual.

Touch information button in the main menu then 3D calibration button.

Touch distant button then the clear botton.

Touch speed pules button then the clear botton.

Touch learning status button then the clear botton.

Drive around for a hundred miles or so and see if turning the box around helped.

Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, if you have been driving around with the hide-away box backwards and the screen doesn't show you going backward when you're going forward, your hide-away box is somehow internally backwards (though I don't see how it is physically possible since the outer casing is will only fit one way over the internal stuff) OR maybe you just think its backwards.  I'm sure you're right but something here doesn't sound right.  As for just clearing everything up and starting over after you flip the box around, if it's working now and it's just a bit off, I'd hold off on the reset and just wait to see it the completion of the "learning" phase makes your navigation more accurate.  But then again, if for some odd reason your unit is backwards and is functioning as if it was set up correctly except for the accuracy and the learning phase will not change a thing you might as well clear everything now and get everything hooked up correctly.  I cannot even comment on how well the learning phase affects the accuracy because I have yet to complete it.  I have gone through two N1s.  When I was almost done with the first one, it died on me for no reason.  I was about 75% done on my second one when my battery died and for some reason, wiped out everything in the memory.  I am about half way done now but the "dimmer" function just died on my N1 so it will go back to Pioneer and it will probably come back with a clean slate so who knows when I will ever complete it.  You are in a wierd situation since you're almost complete.  In my opinion, I would just let it finish and go from there.
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic