icon

78 jeep cj alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
juscrusing 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

ive been shopping around for a HO alternator for my 78 jeep cj and the prices are well out of my range($375 on up for 180 amp at idle) i can buy a new stock alternator for about $50 (80 amps at idle) so my question-being i have plenty of room under the hood for mounting brackets ect...what about adding a second alternator???if it is possible how would i wire them together? all wires in parallel? my wiring is all new heavy gauge aftermarket the original altenator is working fine but i have too much draw with my 2 amps (i have ensured that i have an excellent ground) and i will be adding more lighting accesories soon (lights dim when the bass is "hitting" hard) and i dont want to go with a capacitor. i'm fairly mechanically inclined so correct mounting of a second alt. would be no problem.

juscrusing
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I would personnaly buy a ho alt and a yellow top, but if you now how to wire the 2 you can do that for now but would have you check with a local mechanic for wiring in a second alt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic