Viper 550 Alarm Going Off While Driving

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cericthered 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2002 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2001 Mustang 3.8L

I installed the Viper 550 alarm / remote start system.    Everything works great, just as it is supposed to.

However, SOMETIMES when i remote start the car, disarm the car and get in, put the key in the ignition, push on the brake pedal to deactivate the remote start system, and then shortly after driving away, the alarm will go off as i am driving.  This only happens now and then, and ONLY after remote starting the car.  I cannot find any consistancies.  Furthermore, i never ARM the alarm, so i don't know how it is going off.  I know it has nothing to do with the shock sensor, because i unplugged it and this still happened. 

Anyone have any ides?

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have the anti-car jacking feature connected? If so disconnect it. Post your results.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
cericthered 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

What is the anti-car jacking feature?   Is that the Starter Kill?  I do have the Start Kill disconnected, and that is working along with everything else.

Also, when this happens, the LED never blinks.  And i have to hit the Unlock button on the remote 2 times to get the alarm to shut off.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

make the starter kill is connected correctly the pin 30 should go to motor side of starter wire pin 87a to switch side of starter wire and pin 85 to orange wire of alarm,  and pin 86 should meet yellow wire of alarm as well both of those wire need to  tough the igniton one wire . meaning you can take the pin 86 wire from relay and tap into the alarms yellow ignition wire and than connect only one to the ignition wire or tapp the 86pin wire from relay to the alarms iginiton wire than tap the alarms ignition wire to the satelgihts pin ignition wire to avoid many wires connecting to the key cylinder.  internal dip swithes should be as follows. dip 1,2 off pos. and 3,4 on the on pos.

Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
cericthered 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

Well, i check my wiring and everythnig is fine, just as you described it.

Plus, i kinda knew it had to be fine because it works like its supposed to.  When the car is armed, the ignition does not work. When unarmed, the ignition works.  Plus, the remote start works great. 

So why on earth is my alarm going off when it's not even supposed to be armed!?1?!  In fact, the only way to arm the car when it is running is to push a special sequence on the keypad.  I have never even done this. 

Also, once the car is remote started, and i take over by putting the key in and pushing the brake pedal, the LED never flahes no matter what i do.  This leads me to believe that the alarm system is correctly installed and therefore knows that the car is running, so it should not allow the alarm to be armed, not to mention allowing it to go off.

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I would say to recheck your connections again. You might have something switched backwards.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2002 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
on a 550 ESp, there is a option where after you start the car by remote start, get in and put the key in and start driving, with in 30 seconds later the alrm will start triggering and let the siren go off an the starter kill goes off with it, it's in the first menu and and the feature is I think 7 force arm, or eight  I can't remember, but just disarm it and it should go away!
the rookie!~
cericthered 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

I will look into this right away...

I did disable the ARM WHILE DRIVING setting, which does not allow the car to be armed while driving, but this did not solve the problem, i will look into the other options.

Thanks

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

hola,

Just read all of the posts, and the first thing I thought was to disable that "arm while driving" feature, but you just said that Viper 550 Alarm Going Off While Driving -- posted image.

My second idea would be to check the relays in your relay satellite.  I was having a similar problem, where when I was driving, the doors would unlock and the dome light would come on.  In other words, one of the relays was losing its ignition power (so the alarm thought the car just turned off), and it would unlock the door and turn on the light.   I checked the relays, and actually just switched them around and made sure they were in tight enough, and haven't had a problem since.  Just an idea.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic