the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

12 Sub suggestions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

ravenndude wrote:
IBTW I was looking for places online that you can still buy the old Adire lineup while they make their revisions and found these:

I believe all Adire subwoofers are sold out right now, everywhere.  There may be a few random ones still in inventories somewhere, but the three dealers you list are sold out.  The new Adire lineup should be on the street later this year.

Support the12volt.com
amb4life 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I personally dont have the perfect's but i have heard them and they are a nice clean sounding speaker. i run the alpine typer SWR-1241D's. i am happy with them. i was going to upgrade recently and decided against it. i would consider a new amp . i think that a Pheonix Gold Xenon would drive that real nice. i am not a fan of pioneer amps. i have found in my experience that a good quality amp drives a lesser quality speaker better than a lesser quality amp driving a awesome sub. other sub considerations would be Kicker CVR '05 , Phoenix Gold 12" Xenon , Perfects already mentioned , the new '05 Mtx line is not bad either.  These were all in my choices when i was planning to upgrade. how this helps.....
Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
gothic racer 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
hey man if you are looking to upgrade your system go to www.volfenhagaudio.com and check out thier amps, subs, speakers, head units, equalizers, and crossovers. this is bad ass equiptment.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

you are joking about the volfenhag stuff, right?

that stuff is all about flash and show, not performance. The only german concept, might be the name.

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
What's wrong with Pioneer amps?
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
boardinbum:
Kappa Perfects are amazing woofers. I replaced a pair with a JL 13W6 and have serious regrets. From personal experience, I can assure you, 1.5 ft3 is a little big for a Perfect... smaller and sealed is the way to go with those subs. With a 250x1 you might be okay with a larger box though...
If you really want to keep your box though, I'd keep looking.
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
volfenhag MORE LIKE VOLFENCRAP.....perhaps it may be good stuff......BUT I DOUBT IT
Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
nothign wrong with Pioneer amps. i just personally dont like them. i think there are many more choices before them. Their headunits i think are the best. I will only run Pioneer (premier) HU. just for me that is....
Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
What are your guys' thoughts on a Alpine Type R vs. a Shiva? Both 12"s.
Also, what is the best kind of box for the Shivas?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
boardinbum, there's more information on Shivas on this forum than probably anything else...type "s-h-i-v-a" (no, not that way)...like this       shiva        in the search and you will have plenty to read.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic