icon

Concept Audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DaRKCrow 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  

I have recently joined the company and wanna get some feed backs on our line of audio.

Anyone have done an install on our products?  Any good or bad experince? 

DaRKCrow

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

The only thing we deal is the speakers, and from my experience, they are great for some of the older guys that come in and want to upgrade their factory speakers or replace blown ones. Reason being the retail price is a good selling point with these, most guys looking to do the above mentioned don't really want to spend alot of money. And they don't sound half bad to boot.

Now on the other hand, if someone comes in and is looking for great SQ, and/or looking to run an amplifier on these, I will not recommend them, we have had too many come back, with the tweeters blown, they don't seem to hold up with a little boost of power. Which is a hassle to have a customer keep coming in because the tweets are blown, on their part because now it makes our shop look like we sell garbage, and on our part because we have to keep pulling these vehicles apart to replace them.

Concept is one of our lower line brands, as our shop is a "higher end" shop, dealing mostly MB Quart, Morel, Zapco, Nakamichi, etc, but in an effort to keep up with the higher demand for cheaper priced products, we picked up the line about 21/2 yrs. ago. We have done fairly decent with them, in using them as described in above applications.

DaRKCrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

Chad,

Thanks for the feedback.  No doubt that Concept builds speaker for the bang for the buck.  However I do find it suprising that our speaker blow up easy after amplification. 

Concept's parent company is known as King Audio.  We are a speaker manufacture to begain with.  Some of the higher brand name you have mentioned are actually our OEM clients.  With that in mind, I do not understand why we can offer them the quality yet ours can not keep up.

Have you ever tried our HP series amplifier.  I am currently running 2 of them in my show car seems to hold up well.  From what I understand, the product is designed by the original Orion amplifier designer.  I like them because they have small foot print but puts out tons of power.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  

Darkcrow wrote: "I like them because they have small foot print but puts out tons of power."

How does the size of an amplifier effect its performance? are you saying that bigger amplifiers are better? This statement seems a little blind.

jperkins812 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

I have had two of the 2400d concept amps powering 2 3515 DD audio subas and those amps would put out alot more power than they advertised. i beat on those amps for months and they never even got warm, and now my friend has them and they are still going strong. i would buy more of Concepts products if they hold up like the amps.

docphil 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Your over head suck.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have "heard" good things about the audio line. After fighting with some of the worst video products I have ever seen, I would be hesistant to try out anything else. I've seen other companies turn lines around though so it definately isn't out of the question. Good luck,
Mike
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I asked about the Concept 2400D amp about 2 months ago and most of the replies were negative on this forum. I was going to buy one but after I was told by several people that they would not hold up I went with the Hifonics Brutus instead.
'85 Toy
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
This guy would have mentioned that the Concept was a great amp IIRC. Absolutely great value product for the customer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DaRKCrow 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
"Darkcrow wrote: "I like them because they have small foot print but puts out tons of power."

How does the size of an amplifier effect its performance? are you saying that bigger amplifiers are better? This statement seems a little blind."

My statement was reference to my preference.  Personally I prefer to buy an amplifier thats smaller and puts out the same amount of power.

"

Your over head suck."

Well, Thank you for the indept input. 

Like I said, I am here to hear what you pros out there think of our product and experinces.  I apologize if you have bad experinces with them in the past.  I am here to learn and do what I can to solve it. 

I am here to listen.

DaRKCrow

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic