uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey i'm still bummin about the brahmas. How do these woofers sound to you tho:
Entasi 12''s
Image Dynamics IDMAX
Sound Splinter RLP-9
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Sound Splinter - last I checked the T/S parameters hadn't been released. How can anyone consider a sub like that?
Entasi - heard these were just some guys getting a run of drivers made. But whatever, maybe they've decided to make a run of it. In any event, here's the T/S of the only woofer they make.
http://www.entasi-audio.com/listing.asp?id=2
Model it up. You do know how to do that, right? ;-)
IDMAX - heard it, like it, but probably bit of a step back from the Brahma.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, the T/S parameters have been out for a while for the Sound Splinters at www.soundsplinter.com So do you think 3 12" IDMAX's would sound as good as 2 12" Brahmas, in both SPL and SQ?
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, you didn't answer my question.
Have you modeled any of these up yourself?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Model? Please do explain.
kfr01 
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
You take enclosure modeling software like WinISDpro or any other program with similar functions.
You input the necessary T/S parameters.
You pick box alignments that fit your car and goals.
You can compare multiple woofers in multiple enclosures.
i.e. you use software to come up with a model or estimate of what the resulting frequency response curve will look like.
These programs aren't perfect, and if you mess up the data input, they can be way off, but if you operate them with care and remember that they're a bit off you can conduct a MUCH more sophisticated analysis than browsing manufacturer websites.
Basically if you learn how to do this analysis you won't have to ask us what we think of every driver under the sun. ;-)
Note: Stevdart has had some excellent posts explaining WinISD to people. Run a search.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I use WinISD all the time and i already compared them. The IDMAX puts out higher SPL than any of the other ones, according to WinISD. The Brahma as the lowest frequency (25 Hz) at -3db, and the best response, but it doesn't get near as loud.
kfr01 
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Sweet :-)
So, what are you thinking?
Do you think 3 subwoofers rather than 2 will be worth it for you?
What do you think the pros of the IDMAX are over the Brahma?
The cons?
In other words, talk through your analysis with us! It will help us know what you're thinking and what your goals are!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Well, i want loud as hell with extreme SQ. The IDMAX's get loud, very very very loud. The Entasi's get decently, but not really, and the brahmas get decent SPL ratings. The Brahma had the best SQ, behind it the IDMAX, and behind that the ENTASI. . . I need to get the most efficient that can take and utilized the most power equal to or greater than a 2 ohm load. 1600 WRMS @ 14.4 V is the amp i'm using (thats at 2 ohms, i don't wish to run at 1)
kfr01 
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, you have the right idea. Since 1600w is below the power handling capability of multiples of those woofers you'll want to increase efficiency.
What about Brahma 15s instead?
And really, I was serious about 2 RE 18"s in that other post. They seem perfect for your goals.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic