icon

Mustang Mach 1000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Herb_Davis_Y2K 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to add an aftermarket headunit to a mustang with a Mach 1000. I bought a METRA 70-5519, but can seem to figure it all out. Any help is appreciated.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

Where are you stuck at??

For the most part, everything is color matched to your aftermarket HU's harness. The difference in this one from any traditional harness is the RCA jacks, all you do is simply plug these in to one of your HU's preouts and this send the signal to your factory amplifier.

Also, be sure to connect your amplifier remote turn on leads, this will turn the amplifier on. If this is not connected, you will get no audio.

Herb_Davis_Y2K 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

So you are saying that the adapter I bought hooks up to those subs as well?

Random Info: I don't know how the mach 460 works but on the mach 1000, its has three plugs that go into the oem deck. The adapter I bought, plugs into two of the plugs. Leaving the one plug with 2 blue/red and 1 WHITE/ orange wires. The mach 460 has the same speakers as the mach 1000 except the 1000 contains 2 additional subwoofers mounted in the truck.

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
That harness should work, I think you will just disregard the third plug. I am not showing any other applications for a Mustang, but for the Mach 460.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic