icon

Door triggers 02 Dodge Ram 1500 reg cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daved5775 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2002 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

What are the special instrutions for installing the door triggers for the Dodge 02 Ram 1500? I isolated each door triiger with  diodes. When the alarm is armed and i close the door i get a false alarm. ( in about 2 minuetes didn' t get an exact time) I took my volt meter and put the - lead on the door trigger wire and put the + lead to +12v. With the door open it reads 12 v . With the door closed it reads  +1.5v then after 2min it goes to +11.8 v  causeing the alarm to go off. Would appericate any help.

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2002 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
What about going to dome light wire?  I don't believe dodge's had delayed dome lights in 02?  I might be wrong though.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2002 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hey daved5775 check out the post below this should answer your questions.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=1023&SearchPagePosition=1&search=2002+dodge+ram+1500&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search#thread

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

there is a brown wire in the driver a-pillar it is the domelight driver from the back of the instument cluster  and is a negative trigger.you may be able to get it from underneath but it is high and you need to know the harness so first time pull off the apillar and then follow it down the next time you will be able to get it fro the bottom. this is the easiest way saves you from going to the pass kick.

Gentleman 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
I encountered the same situation on an 02 Dakota and solved it by using the alarm setup for Windstar using a relay, I am sure it was posted in this forum but when looking just now I can not find it. I have the diagram saved if you need it.
daved5775 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2002 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

I added a 50k resistor between the alarm input and where the diodes are tied together (none band ends) and connected the two door triggers to each diode. It is working.  I need to know if this setup will damage anything?

Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I am bumping this up to see if the resistor question gets an answer
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
the domelight driver wire is  BROWN   it is located in the driver side A pillar going up to the light . this wire catches all the doors on a 2 or 4 door model.  it is (  -  ) it does not false you do not need to add any resistor to this wire . it can be tagged from underneath but is way up under the dash . i repeat no false alarms and no resistors.
daved5775 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2002 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I still get a false alarm every now and then. I'm going to try and find the brown wire.

Gentleman I found this link is it the one you were talking about.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires/images/windstardp.htm

Gentleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2002 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Thats it, that is the only way I could get it to work using the tan and tan/red door trigger wires was to diode isolate them and use the relay, the brown wire in the A pillar worked except that it is after the dome light delay which when arming before the dome light went out gave me a couple of chirps from the alarm, an indication that the door was still open, I also had an intermittent problems with the doors locking when turning on the ignition. I have my installation using the relay for over 2 months and have had no problems.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic