icon

Blitzsafe and XM Commander?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
n1976jmk 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, couple quick questions.....  I am going to be buying the xm commander and blitzsafe adapter from a local audio/video shop and have them install it...

i saw on the internet selling blitzsafe for 70 shipped and other sites(crutchfield are selling xm commander) for 169.... what price should i be asking to pay for xm commander and blitzsafe from the shop?? are the 70 and 169 good prices already??

thanks,

jon

ps - going into an 03' cl type s non navi auto

n1976jmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

pss- really dont wanna mount antenna on the outside of the car.... can it be mounted on the center of dash near windshield or rear deck or in trunk and still not have problems with reception??

thanks again

Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Putting it on the inside will be fine just test it....I put an XM satilite in a 18 wheeler and just put the antenna on the dash...Picked up great....The only time he says he has problems is in bigger cities...Then he has to move it up onto the window in the center...

I wouldnt see a massive prob with it..

Blitzsafe and XM Commander? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
n1976jmk 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
anyone else?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't ever put one of those small antennas on the inside of a vehicle.  The older systems with the bigger antennas seemed to work okay, but the newer ones will see much more signal fade.  If it's your personal vehicle then I say go for it, but don't chance it on a customer's ride.  Also remember with XM you will have less a problem because of the terrestrial repeaters.  Do not put this in the trunk or you won't get reception- the metal surface of the trunk lid will block the signal.  These antennas are magnetic because they are designed to use the vehicle's surface to help boost reception.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic