icon

Saturn 2000 SC

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JamesRH 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

any of you boys out there able to enlighten me on how to remove the outside door shell....there is something sticking on the outside door handle area....and i cannot get to it by removing the inside door panel...is there some trick i have yet not learned???

Any insight would be great, thanksSaturn 2000 SC - Last Post -- posted image.

P.S. dooing this to find a suitable place to insert a door lock actuator

boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Are you talking about removing the metal on the outside of the door? The door skin is welded on at the factory. Is that what you're referring to as a shell? If so better find a way to get in there with the door panel off.
JamesRH 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

no, its a saturn, they are plastic outer door skin, meaning the inside of the door has more metal, no huge holes in the sheet metal like normal cars giving great access to all inner components, on saturns the door skin is obviously the last thing to get installed, everthing is installed from the  outside, as it were...so i need to go in the same way to find a place out of the way of the window mechanism for an actuator to go...

for any other make of car you are 100% correct, thanks anyways

JamesRH 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

no, its a saturn, they are plastic outer door skin, meaning the inside of the door has more metal, no huge holes in the sheet metal like normal cars giving great access to all inner components, on saturns the door skin is obviously the last thing to get installed, everthing is installed from the  outside, as it were...so i need to go in the same way to find a place out of the way of the window mechanism for an actuator to go...

for any other make of car you are 100% correct, thanks anyways

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
lower the window and remove the upper/outer window moulding, then remove the 10 or so torx bolts on the inside of the door panel. door skin comes off
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Ah sorry never had my hands on a saturn. That's interesting. I sure hope the inside of it is strong then. Hate to get hit in the side door if it's not. (Actually hate to get hit in the side door in anything but, you get the point.) Glad extreme has seen it. Good luck
JamesRH 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, i did that without much luck, i removed all torx bolts, including a small screw at the end of the window holding the upper molding in place, the entire outside of the panel came loose but there was still something holding it near the outside door handle....majorly annoying cars

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic