icon

Kappa Perfects or GTI, Again

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickvr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

I can get 6.5" GTIs and Perfects splits for approx the same price. Which set do you guys recommend for best combination of sound quality and loudness? Someone said that Focus FC6.5 is halve the price but offer excelent combination of aforesaid. This set will go into front doors. I've thusfar ruled out the RF and MBQ top of range series for that those are too expensive.

Nick
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Listen to them.  Which ones do YOU like the best?
Support the12volt.com
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
I listened to the JBL and Infinity. Personally I think the JBL was marginal "cleaner" at higher volume but then again both were in the store and not in a vehicle. I haven't heared the Focus yet. I also like the higher RMS rating of the JBLs (150W RMS).
Nick
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
There ya go.  Can't go wrong with JBL.
Support the12volt.com
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
I own the JBL's, and with enough power (I have them on the Phoenix Gold Ti600.2) they sound excellent. Midbass in fantastic and the highs are very crips. I have never heard the perfect, but I don't think you can go wrong with the GTi's.
One more thing to keep in mind, the midbass's on the JBL's are very large. Just something to keep in mind if mounting space is an issue.
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, I see what you say... The JBLs are 11mm deeper than current. I will have to make sure the JBLs fit first
Nick
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'd go JBL over infinity anyday. After i blew up 6 different sets of components over the years from infinity and only 1 from JBL (just from sheer abuse at around 320 RMS lol), i'd definitely go JBL. Try cadence too.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
uthinkuknoaudio was that 320RMS per channel?? I'm not sure that you do get Cadence back here...  Is JBL subs also this good or are the DDs, RF, Brahmas better SQ subs and quality?
Nick
nickvr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  

For front stage I decided on 6" JBL GTis running of  my RF502S AMP and back fill with 3" JBL coaxials running of HU.

For bass I decided on 1x Brahma 10" MKii (or new replacement when available). I just haven't figured out what AMP to use to optimally drive the Brahmas...? I guess I would need close to 1000WRMS into 1ohm? I just might also be able to squeeze a 1.35 cu ft enclosure in the back (not confirmed yet..). If proven possible, I might even consider putting in 2 x Brahma 10" subs (.675" / sub). I saw names like Eclipse, MA Audio etc..What AMP would you recommend and do you think the RF502S is good to push the JBL GtiS to SQ comp levels?

Nick

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic