icon

01 Windstar/RAP system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tech_advice 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
I did an 01 windstar on Saturday, everything went well, except, I couldn't get the radio to shut off, after the autostart shut down, I sent a pulse with the re-arm to the ORANGE / white doorpin wire at the FEM, and even went so far as to put a relay in to help boost the pulse, anyone else run into this problem with these vehicles???I know the system shuts itself off after about ten minutes but, i'd rather be able to control it...any help is appreciated....
Don't share too many install secrets with your customers, pretty soon they won't need you!!!!!
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
i can't remember for sure but I think you have to cut the circuit to simulate the door being open.  I don't have my info here but if know one else knows I will post the info when I get to my charts.
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2002 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Here is what you need to do.

There is a lt. GREEN/ blk wire at the FEM module (white plug on right side of module).

Test the wire, it should be ground when the door is closed and open when the door is open.  You need to cut that wire and hook up a relay as follows:
30 to one side of cut wire
87a to other side of cut wire
85 to fused 12v+
86 to pulse after shutdown (alarm rearm of remote start)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic