icon

Radar dector

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DaGr8n8 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
i really dont knwo if this is in the rite posting area, so  sry if it is not. so i was wonderen if ne one had ever taken a radar dector and hard wired it some ware not visable into there car and actualy striped the dector down and maby put hte leds next to the spedomiter(im asking because in my car there is a old dector like this and it dose not owrk any more) and the sencer maby in frount adn in back or maby just atactched to ur rear view mirror.
so ya, any help is much aprecheated.
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

ok, I think I have dechipered what you are trying to say.....

Shhhh, yes I have done it, but don't tell anyone

i striped the dector down and wired the led to my park brake light, that way when it went off my park brake light started flashing at me, my sencer was in the frount sitting behind a turn signal lens, it wasn't atactched to my rear view mirror at all adn it wasn't in the back.

I'm still wondering what question you are asking though? so ya, if you told me what you actually wanted to do that would be aprecheated

Check all advice given with a meter
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
lol that hellped thx for responden, the question was basicaly how would you do it and can it be done, you wount happen to have any pictures? what make of dector did u use?
overworked2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

nope, no pictures and I don't know what brand.....it's highly illegal to operate a radar detector in Australia, it's 10,000 dollar fine there used to ba loop hole in which they weren't allowed to run off of the cars power supply, but now that has been increased to operating one full stop.

You need to ask yourself though, why have one? Speeding is dangerous, I know they have a lot of BS reasons on the packaging for reasons of owning them, but in reality, they are only used to not get caught speeding, it's a simple case of...DON'T SPEED! it's highly dangerous, to yourself and other road users, if you want to drive fast, buy a racecar and race it on the circuit!

I'm sure other forum members would agree with me here.

DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
i dotn speed more than 3mph over so i dont speed basicaly, but i would liek to know when cops are around, in my town to of my friends have got DUI's adn they were under no influance of any supstance, the cops here are full harty adn think they are always right so i would like ot know where they are so i can be extra carfull, plz i would really liek to know how u did it
overworked2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

Every car is different, infact you are probably better off leaving it intact, so it can be shifted from car to car. ie. you drive your girlfreinds car or a freinds car.

Radar detectors are not reliable for detecting when the police are around, it only picks up when one has there radar active, it won't pick up the trooper parked outside the donut shop chowing down on some donuts, they are the ones who are bored and out to find people for "no reason" the ones who have there radars active, aren't paying attention to much else, why did yourt freinds get pulled over in the first place to be charged with DUI? speeding? don't forget that a lot of drugs take many months to leave your system and drinking heavily the night before doesn't mean that the alcohol isn't out of your system the next day.

My girlfreind lost her licence when she went back to the bar the next day and got pulled over for speeding, they found traces of alcohol in her system from the night before.......

As every car is different, I cannot tell you how to do it, like I said, I installed the detector behind the indicator lens and wired the led into park brake light on te dash, the rest of the internal were mounted up behind the dashboard, other then that I cannot give you much more information. I still think you should really reconsider using a radar detector though, behave yourself and there is no need, right?

DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

ya, altho i live in a smaller town so the cops leave there radars on ALL the time. so did u take hte plastic caseing off?and ya i will behave Radar dector -- posted image.

DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

ya, altho i live in a smaller town so the cops leave there radars on ALL the time. so did u take hte plastic caseing off? and if so did you have to add more wire so the parts could be seprated be soem distance?and ya i will behave Radar dector -- posted image.

DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
would be cool if sum 1 posted....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic