icon

infiniti i30 preamp outputs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phr0stbyt3 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
i have an infiniti i30 1996. i keep getting mixed information from crutchfield, one person tells me i need a line output converter to install my amplifier, then another person tells me that the bose system already has preamp outputs. anyone know the real story?
daze 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

ok, with hooking up subs to a factory radio.... you use the line output converter. Reason being that the signal at the speaker is to high to feed into the amp.

Now the way your vehicle is setup is that the low level signal comes out of the radio and runs to the factory amp, then out of the amp and to the speakers.

with your application you will need the line out converter, now here is the problem.... most nissan or infiniti the factory amps are in the doors if they are then, you have no choice but to catch the preamp signal. Unless you have rear deck speakers then you can just grab the output signal (the speaker lines) and use them for you converter. I would always recomend grabbing the signal comming out of the amp.

phr0stbyt3 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
hm, i understand a litle more now but it seems like i could just fashion a cheap way to connect the RCA to the preamp signal.
i have the correct signal, just not the correct media to connect it to my amp right?
daze 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

if you grab the signal before the factory amp, then you may mess up the signal going into the factory amp.

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, you don't need a line level converter.
The factory Bose stereo puts out what is essentially a standard preamp signal, it just has a different plug at the end. It has both a ground and a seperate signal wire. All you have to do is go to radio shack and get a pair of rca connectors and hook them up accordingly.
Then of course you'll have to set your gain.
Anyways, for Nissan and Infiniti specific advice go to nicoclub.com
My name there is the same as it is here

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic