icon

bridging 300/4

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jumpn 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
I am planning on running my components off the channels 1 and 2 of my JL amp (300/4)  and bridging channels 3 and 4 to run two subs rated at 150 rms.  Bridged,  that is exactly what I should be getting.  The JL manual says that the amp is stable to 1.5 ohms when not bridged, and at 3 ohms when it is bridged.  I would be seeing a 2 ohm load with these subs wired in parallel, correct?  I was planning on bridging so I could get the most pop out of this amp as possible.  I know I could run the subs in stereo, each getting 75 watts at 4 ohms.  Is that the safest way for me to go?  I really don't want to buy another amp for the subs, I am just trying to keep this as simple and efficient as possible.  Thanks.
2004 Saturn vue, Alpine 9811, jl 300/4, bazooka 8" subs X 2, bazooka 6.5 comps.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
a 2 ohm load will run this amp in protection mode more than likley. so i eoulf run in dtero for a 4 ohm load
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  

You have two subs that are each SVC 4 ohm, I take it?  Here is your wiring diagram

bridging 300/4 -- posted image.

That, or wire each sub to a channel are your choices for the same power either way.

jumpn 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
OK, thanks for your help.  Looks like I will just run the subs off their own channels.
2004 Saturn vue, Alpine 9811, jl 300/4, bazooka 8" subs X 2, bazooka 6.5 comps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic