icon

2002 Civic Viper 850XV Door Trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtl_4runner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

Now I have read all the threads on installing a Viper 850XV alarm in my 2002 Civic LX-G and I was successful with everything except the door trigger wire.  The note says the trigger is a negative signal and that there are 3 wires all found at the green factory alarm plug just above the driver's side kick panel.  I went to Rat Shack and got the diodes but I have yet to be able to find the wires I need to diode isolate to the door trigger.

Optional Door Trigger Location 8 Pin Gray Connector Under Drivers Dash Above Kick Panel. GREEN (Dr), L GREEN/ RED (Ps) & GREEN / WHITE (Rear Doors) (-). Diode Isolation Needed, Cathode (Band) Side Of Diodes Face OEM Wires. *** In A Green 12 Pin Connector That Should Be Located On The Right Hand Side of the Fuse Box. To Remove The Box Unscrew The 10 mm Bolt And The Box Will Slide Down.

*1 The factory alarm plug is a green plug above the drivers kick panel.  *2 The drivers door trigger is green, front passenger door trigger is lt. GREEN/ red, and the rear door trigger is GREEN / WHITE. 

Now I can't find a green plug in this location to save my life nor can I even find these color wires above the driver's side kickpanel.  I can find a blue plug, a white plug and 2 gray plugs (one is the large 24 pin that I tapped into for the doorlocks).  Am I looking in the right place?  Does it matter if the car is Canadian (ie different color wiring...I didn't think so, but maybe)?

I would really appreciate any help I can get to find these wires since my doors are not connected to the alarm right now.

clank 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
The colors are differant for two door cars. They are also differant on some models based on the factory. The factory alarm plug is hanging loose if you do not have a factory alarm.
shocker
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
Power Lock WHITE/ blue   -  gray plug above drivers kick
Power Unlock WHITE/ green   -  gray plug above drivers kick
Lock Motor yellow/black    back of the fusebox
Notes: In the top left plug.
Unlock Motor YELLOW /GREEN    back of the fusebox
Notes: In the top left plug.
Door Trigger    -  factory alarm plug
Notes: The factory alarm plug is a green plug above the drivers kick panel.
The drivers door trigger is green, front passenger door trigger is lt. GREEN/ red, and the rear door trigger is GREEN / WHITE.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

clank wrote:
The colors are differant for two door cars. They are also differant on some models based on the factory. The factory alarm plug is hanging loose if you do not have a factory alarm.

I have a 4 door so that should be ok but I am just baffled.....Maybe I need to search again but that green plug above the kickpanel is proving very elusive.

mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone had a similar problem finding this plug?

Does anyone have a link to a pic that shows it?

mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

I did find this link for a Viper install (that has a pic of the plug I can't find):

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~profuse007/id3.html

Now I did find a blue plug which was connected to a black box (it was right in the same vicinity as the large gray plug for the door locks).....not sure what it is for or if there was another connector above it.  Anyone know what this box was?  Is it an alarm (I didn't think my Civic had one)?

mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

I finally got it working and I wanted to follow up for all those who might find this thread later.  Although I was worried my vehicle might be an anomally, indeed it was not in the end.  The green plug was there but it was not just above the kick panel like the rest of the plugs, it was taped up way at the top of the dash.  I needed to lie down under the dash with the side of my head against the kickpanel and use a flashlight to look up past the other connectors.  You could barely see it but it was there.  So I cut the tape holding it up there and pulled it down to the level of the rest of the connectors and it was pretty easy to work on.  From there I found the three wires right in line (side by side) on the connector (The drivers door trigger is green, front passenger door trigger is lt. GREEN/ red, and the rear door trigger is GREEN / WHITE) and used the diodes I got at Radio Shack to wire it up (there were 2 sizes of diodes at the RS I went to, it does not matter which you use but I went with the larger ones because they came in packages of 3, but the smaller were just in 2.....so it would have cost me more to use the smaller ones).  Also if you are soldering these like I did, don't use the soldering iron on the diode for too long, you can damage it by overheating (I have done this on previous projects so I know by experience).  I used the figure below to wire it up and pay careful attention to which side you attach the silver stripe to and you should be fine.

2002 Civic  Viper 850XV Door Trigger -- posted image.

Hope this helped someone.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic