How long it takes you to do installs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nam-eci 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I'm a mobile installer, I fit in the street in the rain, snow 'n everything. My Times vary From 5min heads to 3hr Alarms, it totally depends on the make & model of the vehicle & Alarm + the installation environment.

But I agree: 'Best to take your time & do it right!' -  I've c**ked up once or twice & had to pay out of my own pocket for recovery. I was cutting through carpet with a blade, I had No idea the dumbass maufactures had ran a rubber fuel line through the car-under the carpet!

But thats a whole new debate!

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
You guys are all right. It depends if you want to do a good job or not. If you take your time, logically you should have a better turn out than if you rushed through something. But once I have the car memorized by heart, than its a pretty fast install. I dont bother to check the wires with a meter if I already have them memorized and if worked on the same car alot of times. But I will check to see if the alarm works properly when im finished. Thats how I do it and I never had a problem.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, off topic but, i love your tagline there about snap on AZN
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

just to jump in here, i agree with the previous mentiond that who care if you can do it in 20 min or not, because if you have to spend the next hour triyng to find out what's wrong then you cut into other things. i have no settime for a HU install, i'll be the first to admit, i'm slow, anywhere from 15 min to an hour (never honda civic si)  but when i wire it together, all wires are solderd, taped, and heatshrunk  and befor the vehicle is put back together i test the cd player to make any corrections then, after it's installed i double check what i removed and set the clock and in most cases i'll wip down the dash.

as for remote starters...after reading some of those posts i don't dare say my time, hehe,  anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours depending on if they want the door locks done and trunk release. but onces it's done it's done right and i've almost lost my wires because i blend them into the factory  as much as i can

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic