icon

water in floor on 96 Grand Am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
Help. Does anybody have experience with this problem? I have had 2 windshields put in this car. I have had 4 different windshield companies work on it. I have looked high and low and can't stop the leak. I can see it coming in the car by pulling the carpet back from under the dash area. If I run water on the windshield I can watch and see the water coming in on both sides into the floorboard area. It seems to be draining good from the drain ports. I can hear the water and see it draining under the car. Who can I take the car to that works on this besides glass and windshield companies? I have been working on this for months with no luck.
'85 Toy
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
unless water is running down the windshield then its not the glass seal. check the wiper cowl and make sure there are no loose (or missing) screws allowing water into the cab.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
I had the water running onto the windshield when I was checking for leak inside the car. But I did check the cowl and there are some screws missing in it. It originally had plastic rivets holding it on, but when they replaced the glass  they put screws back, but not in every hole.
'85 Toy
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  
There you go.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic