icon

Viper Remote 474V problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtl_4runner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

I got a used Viper 850XV system off eBay and installed it in my Civic and it works great....with one remote (that remote, all the functions work perfectly).  The problem is the other remote (it came with 2) does not seem to work.  The LED blinks on the remote but none of the buttons are functional (ie when I press them nothing happens...no siren chirp or anything).  I tried to program it but I still get nothing (I am pretty sure I did it right, I tried it a few times just to make sure).  So my question is how do I know if a remote is really toast (and I need to buy another) or if I am just possibly doing something wrong?

I really appreciate the help!

mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Just to clarify, I switched batteries and keypads with the good remote just to check and still nada.
mtl_4runner 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

Someone must who installs on this board must know how to test for a dead remote?

CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
just turn the key on with the door open, press program button once then hold it down, press lock on the 474V.
If the emits a short chirp followed by a long one thats oit your set. If nothing happens at all (no chirps) then you hava a bad remote
Cruisin Security And Sounds
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
When you are trying to program the dead remote program the good remote over again. If the remote that works takes programming while the other one wont then you know u have a dead remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic