150amp Alternator for 2 PG Amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amb4life 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

sedate - Got my update for you.....

Well this past weekened got around to installing everything.

Recap:

4 x Alpine SWR-1241D's ran from a Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 ( In Series 2 Ohm Load)

2 x Alpine SRW-17LS Conponents ran from Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4

Pionner AVH-P7500DVD & AVIC-80DVD

1 x JVC 9"Monitor 2 x JVC 6.5" Monitors

5 Farad Cap w/ 0 Guage wire from the battery to the back. As we said before I have a 150 amp alternator.

And the result is acuallly very good. No light dimming even with heavy hitting bass levels. i am maintaing 13.5 - 14.2 volts at the rear through the bass hitting. It hits hard as hell and i am very impressed. With the bass boost at about 50%-70% i get no light dimming however if i raise it up beyond that i do experence a minute amount of dimming at idle. (none at 2000 rpm's and above) I think alot of my power issues were with my previous amp (Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0.1) it is not nearly as efficient as the Xenon. I am only running a 2 Ohm load which i belive is not drawing as much as the previous .66ohm load with Octane-R. I guess 150amp alternator was enought. Anyways these are my comments about the previous conversation we had. Hope this helps us all .....

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
amb4life:
Righteous man!
I'm really pleased you were able to get all that going without any excess hassle.
Soooo eh... how's 4 12's sound anyway? Heard 4 10's once... not a pretty story to say the *least*
What about the highs off those Xenon amps? How goes your 'end-user' impressions?
Tell us one thing you do *not* like..
Anywho, glad ur install worked out for ya...
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

4 12's hmmmm.....Well It the first time that i have had 4 of anything and it is by far louder and is the hardest hitting system i have ever owned. You can hear me from a ways away. As far as daily drivers (not competition cars) its one of the best systems i have heard. YES I AM HAPPY WITH IT.

The Xenon amps happy with. i have been a PG fan for ever. the construction of the amps seem to be very well designed and engineered. its pretty much has all the bells and whistles. i like the fact that it handles all load tolerances automatically from 1ohm - 4 ohm at full power much like the JL amps do. i like that alll the inputs , power , and grounds are all on one side of the amps it makes for a clean install.

What i dont like ...well there is not much so fay that i dont  like; what i might alter a little for my liking would probally be the knobs for tuning. they are fuctional but a little bit of a pain to tune to a specific frequency. meaning that if you want your crossover to 55hz you must turn the knob 24 clicks. the clicks are little close together and your have to count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on. If your forget a number back to the begining you go. The size is a little big the 1200.1 is around 23 inches long x around 11 inches. (i know that big sound requires big gamps) but it would be nice if tey were a little smaller.  

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
errrrrrrrr..............i blew a sub today..............DAMMIT........ohh well what can you do about it.......thank god for warrenty........the rubber surround seperated from the center..........
Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic