icon

97 accord alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dreamsvision 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

this is my first alarm install.  as a matter of fact i bought some crappy alarm to make sure i learn what im doing before messing up a more expensive one.  but the alarm is a full feature alarm. 

k...first thing, i have a 97 accord lx.  i got the basic power wires connected correctly (all the wires that go to the ignition switch).  now, im sure u all hear it all the time, but the door trigger wire isnt triggering the alarm when the door is opened.  i hooked it to the BLACK/ white wire behind the drivers dash.  i connected it to a 20 pin gray connector.  i couldnt find the BLACK/ white wire in the dkp.  the only reason i the alarm is working now is cause i have the dual shock sensor installed and that works fine but without that...nothing.  any ideas about that...?

second...the remote start.  im sure its the tach wire thats not making it work right.  well, i was given 2 different bits of info for that.  one is that the tach wire from the alarm is supposed to be connected to the blue wire coming from the distributor.  second, is that its supposed to be connected to the blue wire right above the passenger strut tower.  i connected it to that blue wire coming from the distributor and when i try the remote start it just cranks and doesnt start and starts fine with the key.  second, i tried the wire above the pst and same, just cranks but doesnt start but...when i left it connected to that one above the pst, when i would press on the gas it would just putt along, like it was screwing with the injection.  so that came off real quick. 

so yea, those are the predicaments im in.  please help anyone...i greatly appreciate it.

~Danny~

dantemc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
hey danny, whats up? i would do 2 things if i were you. the first, is to make sure you have the correct door trigger wire. make sure it shows ground when the door is open, and that it does not show ground when the door is closed. if that is correct, make sure you ar using the Negative trigger from the alarm, not the positve trigger. as for the tach wire, the blue wire at either place will work, but you have to correctly program the tach. you didnt mention what type of an alarm it is, but all need that wire programmed after you connect to it. also make sure you got the right tach, if you are unsure how to measure it, then grab the un common color injector wire. but, if you have a multi meter, set it to AC and test the wire, the voltage will fluctuate between around 1-6 as you give it some throttle. hope that helps.
unique auto sound new york
mecp certified
diamond, memphis, kicker, clarion, phoenix gold, rockford fosgate,panasonic
dreamsvision 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

thanx for all of that.  well, my alarm i got is called king's gun.  i bought it off ebay, and like i was saying, this is more like a test subject to learn how to install.

for the door trigger, i didnt test it, i just used the wire diagram from here. so ill try that...

now for the tach wire, im not sure what u mean by program the tach.  if u mean program a tachometer, i dont have one.  if u mean program the alarm for it i have done that.  basically it tells me while the car is on to hold down a couple buttons to activate it for an automatici (which mine is).  i did that and nothing.  i even tried how it said to program it with a manual tranny.  that didnt work either.  now that your telling me all this, im wondering if im even using the right wire.  i asked a friend and he was saying something about the rpm signal wire or something like that but the alarm install book doesnt have anything like that on it.  and i just seen other posts about the tach wire.  so what u think now...

Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

The tach signal u can find on the engine compartment and it is blue. Most remote starts require you to program the tach signal before the remote start will work properly. Your system may also have a tach-less feature which does not require a tach signal.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic