< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilbenny 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

hey is this a good air compressor?

also to work with this gun..

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=4369842758&fromMakeTrack=true

http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540980325&category=43987&sspagename=WDVW

please help asap!!

thanks a lot

-benjamin

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Those guns require a 7-9cfm minimum.  I don't think that compressor will be capable of that.  Ask the seller if he knows the cfm rateing of the compressor.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
The compressor WILL be able to run that gun. Just as long that you turn the reg on the gun down to 10-15 P.S.I. and you will be fine.
v-TECH 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2005 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, i'm planning to buy an Air Compressor, but i really dont' know much about it. ANd i really don't want to buy the wrong type. I'm planning to buy a Air Compressor so i could work on my car. Like painting for example. Can anyone advice on which brand i should get? Thanks.
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
I like the Husky air compressors that you can get at the Homo Depot(sorry old ex-employee). I have never had a problem with one in my life. As for size, the largest one you can afford. There is a guide on the side of the compressor that will tell you what it could be used for. For painting something as small as a 10 gallon would do, die grinder a 60 gallon is your machine. Also the set back is if you get a 60 gallon you need 220 v power and then add in another $200-$500 to get that run if it is not in place. So weigh you options and go from there.
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
porter cable makes an 80 gallon that runs on 110/120 it is about a grand tho.........most air tools will have a CFM rating. if you will be using a lot of air tools it is better to save up and get a bigger one, the more the compressor runs, the more water you will get in the air.
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
without seeing what the CFM spec on the machine is, its hard to tell, but if its 4.5hp, im sure it will run that gun no problem, especially if you are only painting small areas, if you are painting a car its going to be a different story though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic