icon

Remote wire for Mazda Tribute

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamrajw 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have the '05 Mazda Tribute with 7 speakers. Do you guys know which wire going to the factory sub is the remote wire. I'm going to install my subs and amp this weekend. I haven't gotten my new head unit, so I don't want to get behind the stock unit to connect to the remote. Plus it will be less work if I can take the wire from the current sub.
Thanks
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Get a PIE model 1VT. It will take a signal from rear speaker leads and create a turn on lead. Cost is about $20 and you won't have to pull the HU.
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

just a thought, if you are planning to replace the radio at a later date why not pull the stock radio now,get your remote there and run rca's at the same time. when you put your new radio in you will not have to run an rca.

it's the same amount of work either way, it's just you're doing it now rather than later.

hamrajw 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
I just pulled the radio. The wires back there give 6.5 volts when turned on. So I might have to run a separate turn on wire and probably use a relay that can take the 6.5 volts.
Ryukyu 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if the head unit in the Tribute with 7 speakers is different from the one with 4?
I have a 2005 with 4 speakers. I've been trying to find out if there's anyway to install an auxiliary in witht the factory head unit.
Can't seem to get answers anywhere, and can't find a repair manual to consult.
Talked to a local Mazda service guy and he just said that the stereos in these are modular.
Ryukyu 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know if the head unit in the Tribute with 7 speakers is different from the one with 4?
I have a 2005 with 4 speakers. I've been trying to find out if there's anyway to install an auxiliary in witht the factory head unit.
Can't seem to get answers anywhere, and can't find a repair manual to consult.
Talked to a local Mazda service guy and he just said that the stereos in these are modular.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic