icon

1998 Ford F-150 Alarm Installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aerodude31484 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing an autopage RF-310 alarm system in a 1998 Ford F-150.  I followed the diagrams as posted on the site and also reviewed the disk with the #201 and #203 diagrams.  My mind is boggled due to the fact that the truck was not listed as having a keyless entry system.  I pulled the power lock switch and probed some wires.  Here is what I found...

A +12v wire into the switch

A pink wire, when the switch is activated to lock receives +12v and locks the doors
A pink/some color(notes are at the shop, sorry) when the switch is activated receives +12v and unlocks the doors
To me that seems to be that the truck has the keyless entry and does not require the reversal rest at ground.  I should be able to connect the alarm directly to the wires and have no problem installing.  Am I wrong for thinking this and do I need to complete the reversal rest at ground?  Let me know what you think, as any help is greatly appreciated.

-Austin

bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged  
FORD, F SERIES LIGHT DUTY, 1998, Power Unlock

Negative pulse, type B, on keyless entry models. Five wire, type C, on non-keyless models, mastered from the driver switch.

Power Lock pink / YELLOW    passenger kick panel  
Power Unlock pink/green    passenger kick panel  
Lock Motor pink/black    driver kick panel   
Unlock Motor RED / orange    driver kick panel   

Hope that helps.  If you don't have a remote to unlock the doors, then the system is very likely NOT keyless system.

Good luck!   1998 Ford F-150 Alarm Installation - Last Post -- posted image.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  

Ide bet my left nut that your locks are 5 wire..... REV polarity....

If I'm wrong, make sure you use a relay for the NEG trigger. If I'm right, use 2 relays......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic