icon

Camry door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paradox_108 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  

Hi im having a hard time finding my door locks on my 94 toyota camry.  This car came with factory security system (with the transmitters).

All the diagrams say look for a blue connector. Im in australia and the wiring is a little different.  When testing i can only find 1 wire where it changes from from + to - when trying to lock and unlock doors. I have no luck trying to find the other wire. Ive even tried taking the doors apart.

can anyone help?  btw I noticed there was a factory relay located near the wires in the kickpanels.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
POWER LOCK|blue/white          |- |passengers kick blue plug   |
|     POWER UNLOCK|lt. GREEN/ red       |- |passengers kick blue plug   |
do you see the blue plug
paradox_108 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
no... the isnt any blue plugs only grey
paradox_108 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i found the door locks and unlocks.

How do i go about disabling the factory alarm ?

do it need to disable it?

or do i just connect the alarm as I would with any other car.

each time i lock and unlock the car with the key. the factory unit will sound the horn.  (arming and disarming).

bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

Don't disable a perfectly good factory alarm system.  You should be able to hook up an aftermarket alarm with work in tandem with the factory alarm.

As long as you purchase a decent aftermarket alarm, it should have a (-) factory alarm disarm wire that will turn off your factory alarm when you disarm the aftermarket alarm.  You're best bet will be getting both alarms to work together to protect your car.

Good luck!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
No need to disable....arms with lock, disarms with unlock!
paradox_108 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

THANKS for the help guys.  I gave up for now.   I might give it another try when i collect enough information.

From what i gather.  You only need to connect the aftermarket alarm's power source and door triggers, this will arm and disarm the factory alarm.

In this case how does the factory alarm get triggered from the aftermarket shock sensor?  so i need to connect something else?

is it possible to shut off the factory alarms chirping and have the new alarm to chirp?

Ive been testing wires all day and cant seem to find which wires makes it chirp.

bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  

I stand corrected.  KarTuneMan is right.  I should know (just finished a Toyota Sequoia install recently).  Toyota security systems disarm with unlock, so when your aftermarket alarm unlocks the door for you (keyless entry) this WILL disarm the factory alarm and again will REarm it when  the aftermarket system LOCKS the doors.

This makes it really easy for the two systems to interface and work together.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic