Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Iambigbaddennis 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

Car - 01 Honda accord coupe

Alarm - Cifford Bullet 4

Recently I just got back from a trip (two weeks) and when i tried auto-unlocking my car with my remote it wouldnt respond [The car chirps properly except the doorlocks wont respond wih the proper lock/unlock]. So i tried starting the car and all i hear is this fast past but rather quiet ticking sound. First I thought it was my battery being weak so i got a battery charger and after hooking it up it shows that my battery is at 100%. Rules out the battery factor. Since my car has been in a lock garage for two weeks i ruled out outside tampering and the only thing i could think of would be the alarm system. Would two weeks of being dormant somehow trigger the Clifford Alarm to automaticaly go into 'Starter/Ignition Immobilization' mode? I read through my manual and it mentions that the Bullet 4 has this ability but no where does it tell me how to arm it or disarm it.

Anyone have any ideas? thanks ahead of time.

nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
double check your battery with a digital meter to make sure. you should be able to override that mode when you disarm your alarm with your remote. check your battery's from your remotes they might be low or dead.if that does not solve the problem disconnect the negative battery terminal then the positive battery terminal for a couple of minutes. then reconnect the terminals again positive first then negative last. let us know how it went.
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

If it was your immobilizer you wouldn't get the clicking that you're hearing (most likely relays).  I'm thinking also that it's your battery.  I'd try jumping the battery from another car that is running.  Make sure that you're using good jumper cables too.  I had a car with dead battery that did the exact same thing when I tried to jump it with cheap jumper cables.  Good cables started the thing right up.  If the starter relay is overloaded you'll get that clicking like that (and the starter WILL NOT turn).

Good luck!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
Iambigbaddennis 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Ah thanks guys, it actually turned out to be the battery cause my charger was broken -_-. when i left for two weeks i forgot to DC the battery so it drained out, had to jump it from a guy at AAA. thanks for the advice =)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic