Honda Prelude, e-brake switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss79 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 4:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hi
My alarm needs (cm3000) needs information about e-brake. Alarm guide says that e-brake wire should show ground when brake is on, otherwise this should be open.
I found a switch from my e-brake which does exactly this job (when brake is on, switch shows ground, otherwise it is open).
However there is GREEN/ red wire going from this switch into main harness. I believe this wire is connected into dashboard to show warning light for e-brake. Interesting is that this wire shows ground ALWAYS (i believe it is connected into ground somewhere in main harness).
I planned to install a new wire from alarm e-brake input directly to e-brake switch. Problem with this is that this new wire would be also always at ground because: if it is connected to a e-brake switch, it is also connected into GREEN/ red wire.
Could i somehow have a continuity between the e-brake switch and my new installed wire but NOT with this GREEN/ red wire? With using a diode?
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  

I maybe missing something in your post, but one of the wires at the switch has to feed a signal to the switch to supply to the trigger wire when the circuit is closed.  Sounds like your GREEN/ red wire is THAT wire.  It likely is connected to the bulb socket that illuminates your "brake" light when the parking brake is engaged and this circuit would then be closed with the switch and bulb connecting the circuit to each side of the power source.

Does that make sense or am I missing something?  (you shouldn't have to tap into the GREEN/ red wire for anything if it tests constant ground).

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
ss79 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged  
This GREEN/ red wire is the only wire connected to e-brake switch.
I try to make situation more clear:
When I disconnect this GREEN/ red wire from my switch connector, switch works like this:
-If brake is on, switch connector gives ground, otherwise it is open).
This is exatcly what my alarm needs and I could install a new wire coming directly from the switch and going into my alarm input. Everything should work ok? I would get ground when brake is on, and open when it is off. Problem is that if GREEN/ red wire is not connected, brake light would not work.
When I re-connect this GREEN/ red wire into switch connector (beside my new installed wire), my alarm input would show always ground (because GREEN/ red wire is connected to ground).   
I don't understand how could I get a proper input into my alarm if this GREEN/ red wire is connected to switch.
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I think that I understand now.

I'm thinking that your best bet is going to be to install a blocking diode to the GREEN/ red wire with the strip end toward the brake switch to keep the GREEN/ red wire from sending a (-) signal down to your alarm wire, but this should allow your brake switch to send (-) UP the GREEN/ red wire to your brake light when you apply the break.

Hope that helps...

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
ss79 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, i will try that Honda Prelude, e-brake switch - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic