icon

false alarms on 04 impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
so i did my 300th impala a few weeks ago (currently on 314) and the customer keeps comming back saying that it goes off all the time. i unplugged the shock sensor because she said it was too sensative, but she cmae back agian. she says that shortly after she locks it it goes off. what is going on? she doesnt set her e- brake, so that is not the problem (those of you who are experienced with impalas know what i am talking about). i used blue and blue white for the door triggers. velocity cani get some help oh great guru of things 12v?
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

What brand/model of alarm installed?  She may have a faulty door pin or something like that which maybe grounding the trigger wire shortly after she closes the door.

If you could teach her how to check the LED when the alarm goes off you could at least find out the offending "zone" and this would greatly ease troubleshooting the issue.   If you have her car there, I would trigger each zone once at a time.  If the zone is causing falsing, you're likely to find that it wont trigger when you WANT it to (as well as trigger when you DON'T want it do).

Good luck!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
it is an audiovox unit. 9644  a typical 3 button full featured alarm. i tried to teach her to use zone identification, but that didnt work. her and god invented dirt together i think. she said something about her daughter dating jesus in high school so i am assuming she is pretty old.  oh well we shall see what happens. i shipped her a couple of hours ago. my boss says that she is crazy. i believe her even though i cannot duplicate the problem
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Of course the customer didn't tell you she holds the Transmitter Button down to long..........
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
funny you should say that, because i mentioned the same thing to her and... "i dont be mashin on tha masher like that." was her reply
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

misterjimbo wrote:
funny you should say that, because i mentioned the same thing to her and... "i dont be mashin on tha masher like that." was her reply

I love it when you mix old people and electronics, I read this and laughed out loud, which isn't too good because I am at work.

Everyone here thinks I am weird anyway, so maybe it's not such a big surprise that I should laugh out of nowhere.

Don't you wish that you could just have the attitude of "well, if you can't make it happen in front of me, or if I THE ONE WHO INSTALLED IT can't make the alarm go off when it is not suposed to then you failed the IQ test for owning a car with a "masher"  I wish my car had a masher.

eh? what did you just say?
desh187 
Copper - Posts: 310
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
you need to use a relay on your door trigger wire as a strong ground will take care of this problem which i have dealt with before.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
if she does not know how to work the masher then she should get rid of her car and buy herself a horse with a carriage.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic