icon

Aiwa CD-R418, 95 Nissan Micra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jiaxin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a AIWA CD-R418 Unit to a 95 Nissan Micra. after i install the HU, the HU seems become a main witch of the car electronic system. ( when i turn on the HU, the blower, screen wiper can turn on.) but the fuse of the side lights and instructment panal lights gone. and after i replace the fuse, and it immediately gone again. and my car is installed with a Toad immobilizer.

now, i can only unplug the HU, then can the side lights be turn on.

any gurus please help or give some suggestion on this problem. thanks.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Being completely unfamiliar with your car, I can only guess you shorted to ground something during your install.
Support the12volt.com
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you've got a dimmer lead hooked up incorrectly as a speaker wire or ground.... disconnect the radio plug and meter each wire for voltage with and without the dash lights on.... you'll find a wire that has 12 volts when the lights are on and 0 volts when off... make sure this wire is not connected to anything or is only connected as a dimmer / illumination wire.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jiaxin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

thanks a lot. the Radio is now working, but still i can't find the ground wire, and the black cable from the HU still unconnected. is that ok? because i can't find the ground wire form the car.  how can i do? thanks.

Jay T 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
The black wire from the Head unit needs to be grounded. Look at the sticky in this forum for "what is a proper ground" 
Jay T 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Actually Never Mind.

You basically need to get that black wire to some bare metal that is part of vehicles chassis. this completes the cicuit for the Head unit.  I"m suprised you said its working without this wire connected. 

Under your dash should be some metal / plastic / screws etc. Find a convinient place to get the black wire to part of the metal. Either drill a new hole and use a metal screw and ring connector on the end of the wire or find an exising screw you can back off and run the wire there with a ring connector.  Make sure either way that its part of the vehicles chassis somehow and always sand rust and paint off to get bare clean metal.

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Your antenna provides a ground- that's why it's working.  You should still run the ground wire to a true ground.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic