icon

Alpine CDA-9831 Woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
In previous posts I had asked for help in finding the source of a random "thump" noise that I hear from time to time. Last night I decided to check grounding continuity as explained in the sticky "What is proper grounding" located in this forum. Everything checked out fine.
I put everything back together and tested the system before going to bed. Everything was good. This morning, drove to work listening to my favorite disc and pulled up into the parking lot before the song finished. I turned the truck off and rotated the key backwards to "ACC" so I could listen to the rest of the song.
Strange thing happened - only the sub channel was working. My door speakers were dead. Even more strange is the fact that the front speakers are running off amp power and the rear door speakers are on head unit power. Both sets of speakers were dead which, to me, rules out the amp as the problem. I had the to hit the "reset" button on the head unit to make the speakers come on again.
I haven't a clue as to why this happened. Any ideas from the members here will be appreciated.
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16
kklagge 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Wish I could help you out here...I have a 9831 and have had nothing like you describe happen.
Are the front speakers on a separate amp from the subs?
What is your voltage when the key is turned to the ACC position? Is it possible that your sub amp is taking most of the battery power when you have the truck in the ACC position?
I have an 01' Silverado and the stereo keeps playing until I open the door when I turn off the truck so I never put it in the ACC position.
Do you really need the rear speakers? Try disconnecting them and see if you have the same problem. Maybe it's something in the HU amp which is causing a conflict.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you've got something wired to IGN not ACC.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
invictuz 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Be sure ALL amps are using the "blue w/white stripe" wire and NOT the blue wire from the alpine wiring.

Blue w/white stripe = remote turn-on lead that each amp needs to power on with deck and off when deck is turned off.

mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Problem solved. Looks like I was having a gound loop through the chassi where the amp was mounted. Added some insulation between the amp and chassi (rubber mat) and all is well.
MikeAlpine CDA-9831 Woes -- posted image.
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic