icon

locked my keys in trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
83malibuRida 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

I have a problem, I recently had a steel plate welded over my trunk key hole. (had to prevent a second theft of equiptment) The only way I can open it is by alarm keypad( added solenoid to alarm brain via relay ) is there a way that I can put a push button say in the glove box for the 'just in case' I lose keys, battery in transmitter goes bad, I lock keys in trunk, yada yada yada ect.

Nick Scott
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

absolutely!

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Y NOT??
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
A little story about the AZN's dark background... Me and my friends once stole a car that was locally pretty high profile. It had tons of stuff. Remind you this was like back in 96. The whole trunk was welded shut and it had what ever the top clifford alarm was back then. Me and my friend managed to take it to an abandoned garage in the ghetto; pulled down the door and we started stripping the crap out of it while the sound of heilocopters and cop cars buzzed outside.
But anyways you would just use a normally open button with one side going to ground and the otherside going to your trigger wire.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
WHERES MY CAR YOU BASTARD!?!?!?!? :)
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat be not worried my friend... parts of your car live on in my car lol
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
83malibuRida 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  

But anyways you would just use a normally open button with one side going to ground and the otherside going to your trigger wire.[/QUOTE wrote:

so it would go between the relay and the solenoid? I dont understand. the alarm dei rattler sends out a negative to a relay I ho

so it would go between the relay and the solenoid? I dont understand. the alarm dei rattler sends out a negative to a relay I hooked up then to the solenoid to pop. where would a normallyopen button go, if normally open I wont be able to pop from remote. loop ends at the button, right?

Nick Scott
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
If your RELAY powers the Trunk Solenoid, then you would want the switch to trigger RELAY like your Alarm.
One side of Push Switch goes to Relay side that DEI is hooked to and the other side of switch goes to Ground
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know what kind of car it is or if it even applies but if its like most japanese cars that have the key lock up front for the trunk popper then all u have to do is remove the door sill and pull on the on the cable thats running to the trunk. That should give it enough tension to pop the trunk you could disconect the cable at the trunk to prevent this type of opening.
5150azn I see we both graduated from the same class LOL
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I also removed the lock from my trunk and smoothed the metal. I "shaved" the locks. Anyway, once while on vacation in florida, my lil brother was getting his luggage out of the trunk and ended up locking my keys in the trunk! But at least the car was unlocked. What I ended up having to do was pull up the back seat, and I saw the trunk solenoid wire which was running right alongside my amp power wire. I took a safety pin and poked it thru both wires and voila! I popped the trunk right open. At first I was trying to remove the back seat to gain access to the trunk from there, but when I saw the wires right there sitting right in front of me, a Lightbulb just popped into my head. So I took the easy way out. Cuz trying to squeeze my 6foot, 275lb self into the trunk from the backseat would NOT be an easy task.(unless its in one of them car where the back seat actually folds down).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic