icon

Clutch Bypass 98 Prelude

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kickassio 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Python 881xp (same as the viper 791xv) and i already figured out how to make it so that the car wont start if its in any gear. Thanks to our fellow 12volt'ers. But now i need to figure out how to bypass the clutch switch so that i still need to press the clutch to start it manually i dont just want to cancel it out. I know there is a way to use one of the alarm otputs i am just not sure how to do it. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

moshpitmickey 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
If you bypass the clutch switch for remote starting you will still need to press in the clutch to start it manually.  You have to hook the starter output of the remote start to the starter wire after the switch on the clutch. The wire runs from the ignition switch down to the switch on the clutch then to the starter. Very easy to do.
moshpitmickey
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
What you are looking to do is to find out the polarity of your clutch switch..does it require a negative or positive input and you will be supplying that input using a relay system. Get a multimeter and start probing. Bear in mind, that the polarity at the clutch switch can change with the ignition key being in off or on positions.. You will use an output from your alarm system that shows ground while cranking..
If your clutch system needs to see positive input for bypass, wire a relay as follows:
Pole 85&87 to fused 12volt
Pole 86 to ground output while cranking from alarm
Pole 30 to clutch positive input
If your clutch system needs to see negative input for bypass, wire a relay as follows:
Pole 85 to fused 12volt
Pole 86 to ground output while cranking from alarm
Pole 87 to body ground
Pole 30 to clutch negative input
Obviously do all this while you have the car in an open spot, in neutral, and chock the wheels just in case..Good luck
kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
My clutch needs to see ground, therefore i would use the second set up. Thank you very much guys i appreciate your help.
kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, Its me again, i found a diagram for my car and it says the following:

"Indicates a starter wire, which is on the starter side of the clutch switch and can be used for the remote start. Tie the starter output of your remote starter directly to this wire to bypass the clutch. This wire is typically foundat the switch above the clutch pedal or at the a factory starter relay."

and procedes to give me this picture: (this is my paint version of it, but its exact)

Clutch Bypass 98 Prelude -- posted image.

I am not too experienced with remote start alarms specially manual remote start alarms therefore I really dont know what this means. Could anyone interpret this for me?

kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

here is the picture (again, hopefully it works).

Clutch Bypass 98 Prelude -- posted image.

I was wondering if i could use the (-)200mA Starter output with a relay switched by this signal to simulate the starter kill on the clutch switch? I have never bypassed a clutch before this will be my fist time on my own car. I know that before i said my clutch needed to see ground but after i saw this diagram it totally threw me off.

Thanks in advanced.

metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Well, try not to split the starter output.. Rather, use the Pink 3rd ignition output..
moshpitmickey 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
The diagram for your car describes exactly how I said to wire this up in the first reply. No relay needed. Hook the starter output of the remote start directly to the starter wire after the switch.
moshpitmickey
kickassio 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

its all making more sense to me, sorry about that moshpitmckey, i didnt understand. My only question now is, if i use the starter output of the remote start directly to the clutch switch how will use starter disable. after looking at the diagram for the python alarm it shows that it has the starter side starter wire and the key side starter wire. Or do you mean that i should use  (-)200mA Starter output ? or the  (-)200mA 3rd ignition output ? Is the power put out by those outputs enogh to trigger the clutch swich (eventough its negative)?. sorry for so many questions, this just kind of throws me off. I think i am just mixing up 2 things that have nothing in common, am i?

I appreciate all of you guys help.

moshpitmickey 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

the alarm should have an orange wire listed negative when armed. 200mA output. You will have to use a relay for the starter disable. The starter wire will have to be cut into and this relay put into place.

terminal 85 will go to the orange ground when armed wire from the alarm.

terminal 86 will go to constant 12 volts

terminal 30 will go to one side of the starter wire

terminal 87a will go to the other side

30 and 87a are normally closed so your vehicle will start but they will open when the alarm is armed.

There should be a prewired relay with the unit and a diagram in the manual.

Hope this helps.

moshpitmickey
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic