icon

viper 791 xv install questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpg_emc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
 have a 1992 Acura Integra incase it pertains to any of my questions.
I have almost completed the install of my 791xv alarm. Everything is pretty much wired up except for the remote start which i decided to forget about.
I have run into a few issues though.
There is the 6 pin harness which contains the longer wires, for the hood pin and such, I was wondering, to which of these 6 wires do i run my mercury switch for the hatch to?
also, I plan on adding a back-up power source eventually...I want to just run the wires so when i purchase it I can just wire it up without taking apart my whole dash setup, which wires do i splice into so that the backup battery will power the alarm?
the last but most frustrating problem is, even after wiring the power door locks they dont work, i just wired them in, I didnt think they would need a relay or anything like that, is there anything special to do to wire the power locks? am i forgetting something? do i need a relay?
thanks alot in advance i appreciate
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
I do not have a battery back up here to look at but you will need the RED wire, the BLACK wire and if i remember correctly the siren wires as well as the BLUE wire. The hatch should connect to the BLUE wire on the Main 12 pin harness and if you do the battery backup you will need diodes to isolate the batt from the hatch. If you locks dont work the first thing it check is do you have the correct wires? DEI says they are much easier to locate on the passenger side kick than the drivers side. Negative pulse should not require a relay. Double check the wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic