icon

this possible for a setup? deck and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
ok say you have 2 sets of 6.5"s and 2 sets of 6x9"s.
now, i wondering if this is feasable. hooking up a set of 6.5"s and 6x9"s to deck power, yes the actual positive and negative wiring.   THEN, take your rca's and hook them up to the back of the deck front and rear. and to an amp. and run your other sets of speakers from that as well.
xTimx
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
it would work.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
*it would work*
but if you have an amp anyway wouldn't you just wire each channel in parallel at 2-ohms? You'd prolly get the same amount of power to the speakers and maintain discrete channeling and everyting... trying to run deck power when you have an amp is a huge hassle.. speaker leads clip wayyy before rca's do...
I've seen it done in many friends cars and its always a seriously *ghetto rigged* way to install equipment.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
stingercaraudio 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

my thoughts also. You can hook up all your speakers to the amp at once. If the amp seems to be too much power for the speakers then try to run each channel in 8 ohms. You can do that by running the speakers in series.......you know the rest......

You shouldn't have a problem with the 2 ohm load though, just more info.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmmm, im gonna change the question here from "can you" to "why do you want to"? If this is for an actual in car application then I see this being nothing but bad. I mean it will probally be loud, but I cant imagine it sounding any good. I dunno mabye list more specifics here and I might understand why you are doing this a little more.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
im saying that it is possible. i didnt say it would sound right or made sense to do it that way.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Sometimes I think ppl get on boards like this and post crap just to see what car stereo dorks like us will do.
Everytime I see a post like "1200 WATT AMP WHAT SUB BRAHMA W7 OR RE XXX?!?!" I always think "How the hell does someone who clearly does not understand the use of the comma or the 'CAPS LOCK' key, let alone a high-performance car stereo amplifier, possibly afford a W7 *or* a 1200-watt amp *and* still retain the interest in spending the money on one?"
Easily I answer myself, *these posts are not real!*
Lets dissect xTimx's post here and look for clues.
Clue 1) xTimx has posted 308 times. I've posted something like 70 times and I coulda told you from post 2 that this proposition was goofy.
Clue 2) xTimx says "yes the actual positive and negative wiring" <-- here he expressly points out that he means what we think he means... even tho it is a ridiculous thing to consider. Why would he do that unless he knew it was stupid and just wanted to see what we'd say?
Yea okay so I only have 2 clues. but in a 3-sentence post thats not bad right?
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
we're not here to criticize (spelling) what people say, we're here to help people on what they want to hear and the such. we're here to help people on what they want to do in the future, give them hints, tips, tricks, do's and dont's. learn from the experts. there is not really a dumb q or a dumb a, nor a dumb post.
for me, for this post, i was referring to my old car. 91' cavalier, it had 3.5"s speakers for dash. 6x9"s for rears. was MAYBE wanting to buy a pair of 6.5"s for the kicks. and wire them up the way i was wanting to say in this post topic. everyone has a reason for posting. whether it be for himself or for a friend.
so i say please dont judge people on what they post. they're only trying to learn.
xTimx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic