icon

6x9 woofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
haha Thanks, Already placed an order for the Pros.
-But I've read alot on other threads about overpowering these bass shakers. what do you guys recomment to power them? I think DYohn said he's used them before.
-I guess I might have to use coaxials for subs if I can't find any real 6x9 subs. Any suggestions on bass output coaxes?
-And what do you guys think about my setup? I'm really really really getting second thoughts. Worried about 8s in the front... Worried about if I'll have enough bass without a sub...
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
krf01 wrote:
How about some of those 13mm of excursion RE 6.5"s
Wow! 13mm excusion! What is the actual cone area? It's probably close to a standard 5.5 because of the large surround, correct?
ANyway, could you please provide a link or a little more information?
Oh, I've felt those bass shakers in action. Even though they mimick a bass frequency, they don't feel anything like a standard subwoofer playing at the same frequency and dB level.
I kind of equate them to the feeling of getting shocked by electricity, but without the pain.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
krf01: What speakers are you talking about?
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I got the salt shakers. Now I'm gonna get an amp and start on Phase one! Woo hoo can't wait.
6x9 woofers - Page 2 -- posted image.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
you gonna install them with that hammer and pour some pepsi on them too for better sound?
just kidding. good luck.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
If you are still looking for 6x9 subwoofers, Rockford used to make them and you might be able to find a used set of ebay. When I heard them they sounded ok. Might be worth a look
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks guys! I'll see if I can get the 6x9 off ebay too I guess. I'm still debating on how to power everything. Maybe small 2ch for the shakers and a 4ch for everthing else... or maybe 4ch for shakers and front and mono for 6x9s... I dunno any suggestions?
chittyboomboom 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

wow ive never seen or heard of them bass shakers. they look pretty cool. but are they just made to shake things up? and do they feel like bass or like a vibrator under ur chair?

5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Cool guys I got the driver's side in! It's not bad considering total build cost was same price as 2 subs. I just got some cheap amp to push'em and a cheap 4 gauge kit. Don't get them if you don't already have bass. I recommend these for those 300watt single 10" systems. It really brings out the lows. But don't let anyone tell you that these shake like heck cause they don't! They don't create any bass worth talking about. You barely notice them but they do what their designed to do.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
My boss screwed a couple of those to the bottom of his couch for effect. They were kinda cool but I would have a hard time justifying pulling power from my stereo to run them
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic