icon

Problems with Ikesound.com?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mthomecouple 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
i have ordered from them several times with no issues i hope all turns out ok for you..
joe
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

The main thing that I hate about companies like them is, they always try to bulls**t the consumer. I for one, was not born yesturday.

EXAMPLE: ALPINE MRD1005M--- they say it retails for $900. Alpines USA target price is $600. Ikesound is selling the amp for $325 and states that they are saving you $575.  What a bunch of crap.

I myself will usually only purchase from Authorized Internet retailers. Too much risk involved if they are not Authorized.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
amb4life 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

It would still be a great deal at $325.00.

Even Though i understand what you say. It is based from what the manufacture stats . i do not see the example that you state but if you look at the Alpine MRD-M605  Ikesound sells it for 230.00 and Alpine sdoes state that retail proce would be 450.00. that is a great savings. the other thing to consider is what the value is at the time meaning maybe its disontinued and ikesound has not updated the newer MSRP.

All in all you get the same warrenty and i have always felt safe buying from the major authorized or unauthorized dealers

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not going into details AGAIN, but you buy an Alpine from this place and you get NO WARRANTY from Alpine. Period. End of story.
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

don't think i am arguing with you . i am not. i do completely understand . i have bought from them for many years and have had good experiences. yes maybe a week behind on emails however saving a couple hundred dollars does seem to out weight this to me. i am not rich.

just this week i got a job there as well. i am taking over the no so great customer support they have had for the last year or so and trying to make it better. 

just to fill you in with some info even with a so called manufacture warranty they don't always just replace the damage product. for example i had a pioneer deck go out and sent it directly to pioneer expecting a replacement and all i got was a fixed unit which is the same thing that a unauthorized dealer would do.

i have worked in retail sales now for 9 years so trust me when i say this. it is the same thing.

dont take what i say personal it just my side of it all.

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the example that I have stated earlier.

https://ikesound.com/product-product_id/3267

And here is the link to the details from Alpine.

Car Audio >Amplifiers >1 Channel (Mono) Amplifiers ">http://Products >Car Audio >Amplifiers >1 Channel (Mono) Amplifiers

My point is that Alpine has never had an MSRP of $900 on this amp, they do this crap to lure you into thinkinh that you are saving so much money thus leading you to buy from them.

Don't get me wrong, that is a great price on that amp but, as tcss stated, you also will have no warranty with it either.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I ordered an HU from them last year, it came in on time and in an unopened box but the laser was bad. I sent an email and they were very quick to reply and help me out but I had to pay a 25$$ restocking fee.
amb4life 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

I will have this problem addressed. This would be a typo. Those before prices are MSRP pricing and not intended for any other misleading info.

Do you all think that it would be better that the MSRP prices not be listed.

Chris : You do get a warrenty of 1 year from ikesound. As long as the item is in stock it would be a direct exchange. Only if the item is not in stock would it be sent to Alpine for repair by Ikesound.

AGAIN : I am taking in your comments and suggestions for review.

Eclipse 5435
US Amps Merlin MD2 x 2
US Amps Merlin MD42
Kicker Solo X 18"
MB Quart QSD216 x 2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic