icon

quick disconnect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
quick question how do you connect these to your wires?
I saw the picture of the back of it and it doesnt look like there are screws. so do you crimp it or fill it with solder and shove the wire in there?  Whats the best way? 
Thanks again.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
anyone, anyone, buehler?
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
If they are anything like a molex connector, then you shoud just crimp it on and slide it in where it will lock into place, however by looking at the picture of it on their site... there are two screws on top of the, so I am guessing you just unscrew the top of the cover and lay the wire down and tighten it up, and it is a self tightening application, but that is a good idea, I wish that I knew I could be able to take mine out, I want to do it just for that, but I am fiberglassing mine into place. Good luck man, and take some pics when you get it and post them so we know how it works. Thanks dude! Good luck!
Duke Duke
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
I take that back, they sale replacement contacts, SOOOO... it is more of a crimp on style by looking at the picture... http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=263-121 Maybe that is what you need good luck buddy
Duke Duke
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know much about it, but here it is.
Phoenix Gold PC171
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome thanks guys, I looked at their website saturday. Just to check and make sure i got everything well I didnt. What they tell you in the fine print down there where you cant see it. Is that you need too order two of them so that you have a disconnect. I assumed it would come with a male and female since most things do. Well it didnt come with that, you have to buy two so that you can have a male and female side. So I ordered another one saturday so my first one should be here, today or tomorrow and the second piece should be here wednesday.
fastone 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Those plugs are commonly used for electric forklifts and order pickers to disconnect the batteries. The ones I have used have to be soldered onto the cable, and you will need a torch. Takes a lot of heat to solder those terminals.
Famous last words: Hey man, what's this wire do?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic