icon

im trying bubble gum resin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rhdAndy 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
i bout a gallon of the bubble gum resin from select products, and it just came intoday. i heard abotu on here, and i have seen it on the site so i decided i would try it out, it cant smeel worse then regular resin i thougt. i cracked it open and it smelles like resin but not as much the bbuble gum covers up most of it. im going to try it out, and see hwo it smells after i curtes, i also bought some"wonder foam" from the smae site its pretty cool, you can shape it with you fingers, im going to try that out too and gkeep you guys posted, im gpoing to see it the foam will take the resin without dissapearing, if it does it would make complex curves a lot easier, later
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
I just recieved 2 gallons of my bubble gum today also, if you stick your nose in the container it smells like resin, ,but if you sit back and stiff the air you can smell the bubblegum scent.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Is it good enough that you could work without a respirator?
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
It might be the first time u got high of bubblegum.  Is the bubblegum resin much more expensive than regular resin?  I havent seen any of it around but if its not that much more i may check out some other places....i hate the smell of resin.
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
It isn't that bad only 2 or 3 more bucks... If it causes you not to have to wear a respirator, then it is worth it, however I am sure you will still need to wear it, otherwise you will still fry those brain cells. But atleast it may not smell as bad in the car... lol I made a mold under my trunk a couple weeks ago, and let it dry, then went to class the next day and forgot about the mold, and my entire called stunk, my back pack smelled like resin, the girls in the class were askin the teacher is someone painted the building, lol, it would be nice to smell like bubble gum instead of resin.
Duke Duke
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

https://www.selectproducts.com/html/frame2/frames2.htm

I forgot to include the link to the site, sorry!

Duke Duke
DukeDuke 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well that didn't come out right, but it is on the site under fiberglass. Always check Select, their stuff is awesome, it is a little bit more expensive but they have cutting edge technology and fresh stuff that just hit the market! Hope I was some help.
Duke Duke
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

I was a little depressed when my 2 gallons didn't come with any hardener tho, , u.s. composites give you hardener with your resin.

You will still need to wear a respirator ( even tho it dosn't do squat), and have ventilation since its still resin, just with an additive to make it smell like bubble gum ( slightly).

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
rhdAndy 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
alpione i feel your pain, i was dissapointed witrh the no mek, i had to head to the local auto body supply store on my lunch break. i used  some and its just scented a little when curing you smell about half and half, just like when you use an airfreashener in the bathroom after a dump. well im impressed with the wonder foam i boutht, its brittle enough to sand with your fingers and it hold resin without eating it self away. im going to use some to put flames on an upcomming project.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
I just ordered some. For the novelty if for nothing else. I probly won't ever buy any again cause I just don't see the point if I still have to wear my respirator, but I just wanna see the stuff for myself.
Alpine, if you are not happy with your respirator, you can find an NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) gas mask at the local military surplus store. It took a while but I found one that wasn't full-face. Its the best thing I've ever used. When I have it on, I could pour resin in a garbage bag and then stick my head in the bag and not smell a thing.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic