icon

MP3 Disc Folder Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasmodul 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting my first MP3/WMA deck soon (Eclipse CD8445) and I was about to make some WMA/MP3 discs. I want to throw two albums on the same disc. Should I create folders with the album names on them on the dics or just dump all the files in the same main directory? I've never done this before so would appreciate any tips. Thanks.
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Either way works, most decks can do random by disk or folder though, so it may be better to have them each in folders.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

I myself creat seperate folders on the disk for the various artisits. That way all of the songs from each atrisit are grouped together and not spread out among the disk.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
Deusqe 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
If you're going to do the separate folders for artists, instead of painfully laboring and creating individual folders by your self, Do this:
1. Get Itunes (I know its not the best program, but it will help you in this case)
2. Load your library of songs into the Itunes.
3. Click edit, then preferences. Then click on the "Advanced" tab. make sure the boxes "Keep itunes music folder organized" and "Copy files to Itunes music folder when adding to library" are checked. (this will cause every file you add to your library to be copied to a separate location. After you are done, be sure to delete your duplicate copies...don't do this until you are absolutely sure that the files have been copied to the itunes music folder!!!)
Having done this, go to your itunes music folder (Listed under the "Advanced" tab) and burn whatever folders you want to the data.
The nice thing about doing it this way is that every time you add a new song to your library, Itunes automatically places it in the appropriate folder according to artist. Just make sure you name the artist in Itunes the EXACT same name every time.
Sorry for the long winded post....I dunno how good you are with computers, so I'm sorry if these instructions are too basic for you.
don't rush into things...you'll get ripped off

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic