icon

subwoofer Amp to my Factory GM Stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ka3vvv 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
{P class=Mso}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"}Factory GM Stereo{/p}{P class=Mso}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"} {/SPAN}{/p}{P class=Mso}{SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"}I would like to add a subwoofer Amp to my Factory GM Stereo.{/SPAN}{/p}{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}Is there a amp turn on wire on the Factory GM Stereo. Or do I have Add a switch in relay to the ign wire to the turn amp on in off. In what are the colors to the rear spk wires.{/SPAN}
Please do not copy and paste from a rich text editor like Microsoft Word. Please copy and paste from a plain text editor like Notepad.
ka3vvv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
{H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"}{SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"}Factory GM Stereo{P class=Mso} {/p}{P class=Mso}I would like to add a subwoofer Amp to my Factory GM Stereo.{/p}{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}Is there an amp turn on wire on the Factory GM Stereo. Or do I have Add a switch in relay to the ign wire to the turn amp on in off. What is the 2003 GM rear Factory SPK wires colors{/SPAN}{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}.{/SPAN}
Please do not copy and paste from a rich text editor like Microsoft Word. Please copy and paste from a plain text editor like Notepad.
ka3vvv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}{H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"}{SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"}Factory GM Stereo{P class=Mso} {/p}{P class=Mso}I would like to add a subwoofer Amp to my Factory GM Stereo.{/p}{p}{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}Is there an amp turn on wire on the Factory GM Stereo. Or do I have Add a switch in relay to the ign wire to the turn amp on in off. What is the 2003 GM rear Factory SPK wires colors{/SPAN}{SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Arial'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"}.{/SPAN}{/SPAN}{/p}
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

Basically, this is what I got out of your message.  You want to add an amp to your factory GM switch and want to know if there is an amp turn on wire and what color the spkr cables are. 

No there is not a factory amp turn on, I just tap into any accessory.  As for the speaker wire colors, I don't know for sure but you could always use the old "pop the speaker" trick with a 9v battery...

ka3vvv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I try to copy in past.. I think gm kept the same colors. guess I have use a switch on in off.
gladbach 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
just buy an amp that has a smart turn on feature, but really even thats not needed as stated above.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic