icon

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Znergy 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
My friend and I have been having trouble with these components sending his amp into over current. He has a 4ch Alpine(75x4) He has other amps and it has done the samething to them as well. We ran the perfects direct and it had no problem but when you run them with the crossover it sends the amp into OC. If anyone can think of something that could be going wrong that I couldn't think of it would be great. It is only at higher volumes and it is deffinitly not the amp because we wired other speakers up to it and it worked flawlessly.  Thanks for any input.
crazyinkc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
You may have arcing in the crossover. One of the chokes may have arcing from some of the windings exposed somewhere in the core. It may also be one of the caps drying out or going bad or a cold solder joint.
Znergy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

The speakers are brand new and this is he's second pair. We have narrowed it down to the crossover, but even with the crossover from my older perfects it didn't work. Still can't figure it out. I havn't installed mine yet. I hope the same thing doesn't happen. I notice alot of ppl run 125-150x4 to them and I never hear of a problem. I was thinking the low wattage but that really makes no sense for it to go into overvurrent.

dpaton 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I run mine with a mere 50x2, so its not the wattage. Do you get any sound at all out before the amp hits protect, or does it shut down as soon as the XO is connected?
-dave
This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.
Znergy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
It plays fine at lower level volumes but once you turn it up it always goes into overcurrent. For example the max volumes before it goes into protect you could have a conversation over the music, which in my opinion isn't very loud. i know the potental of these speakers but I have never had this problem. They are currently witrah an alpine 75x4 I can't think of the model number but it is sit at 4volts and if you turn it any lower than that is when it starts going into protect mode.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic