Amp problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jagojp 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
hello
I just recently bought a second had amp and sub. I tried to install it with a friend that installed his own system and im having some trouble.
I have a 1992 Swift. When i bought it the last owner left a sony explode deck in the car. Not sure what the model is. I bought some JVC 6x9s and connected them up and they have been working fine for almost a year.
The guy i bought the amp off didnt give me the manual. Its a Pioneer KAC-848.
We bought a wire kit that included: 2foot ground wire, 8 guage power wire and all the rest of the stuff.
we wired everything up. I dont think there is a problem with the wiring. but when we turn it on no sound comes from the 6x9s and the sub (which have been run though the amp). the front speakers run ok, they are pluged though the deck.
we checked the power line with a multi meter and there is about 12volts though it.
there is also a currnet though the remote cable.
is there a special way i need to get the deck to tell the amp to turn on or somthing?
that seems to be the prob but im not sure
any help would be appreciated.
jagojp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
sorry its not pioneer its a kenwood amp
i have also checked all the fuses and they are ok
we have also tried another amp my friend had at home and it did the same thing
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
did you connect the blue/white wire coming off the HU to the remote on the amp?
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
umm....you didn't mention the RCA cables...whats happened to them? have you installed them? if not, then your music signal isn't getting to the amplifier. If you have, it might pay to test them to see if they are ok and not damaged. Or perhaps they came unplugged behind the head unit when you put it back in?
Check all advice given with a meter
jagojp 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help
After going over everything again i found that the blue wire that comes out from the back of the deck is not the remote wire for the amp. Its the remote for the antenna. I made the mistake of assuming, because it was blue, that it was the amp remote wire. There was another yellow wire. I pluged my amp remote into that and it worked fine.
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that your amps are off when the ignition is off. The head unot should have 2 blue wires, both with different color stipes. One should be for the antena and the other is the remote on wire. I have never seen a yellow remote on wire but, I could be wrong. And just for your information, the power antena wire will only have voltage when you turn the tuner on.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
yea blue is antena blue/white is amp,, haha many of times i have people commin in asking why there is only bass on radio stations, it happens more then you'd think
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic