icon

Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD, brake bypass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Snydes 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

I just bought a Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD Reciever, and was wondering what the easiest way to bypass the brake would be so that video will play when the car isn't stopped.   I have a 98 Cavalier.   Any info would be greatly appreciated

metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ground the Green wire that goes to the brake switch..only way to fly..
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Actually thats not correct any more. I may as well tell you as this isnt exactly a secret. You must put a switch in line so that the green ebrake wire sees nothing when you turn the vehicle on and then after the deck turns on you turn the switch on so it sees ground. That will bypass it for you.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Snydes 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Green wire to off postion of switch or on position?  whichever one is not connected to the green goes to ground.   Correct?
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

if its a simple two terminal switch then there is no off and on terminal, just one side and the other, but ya you got it right there

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
precission 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

I just finished doing this install on my 99 mystique...u cannot just ground the green wire(wont work) u need to get an SPST switch...any radioshack will have it... tap the green wire into one side and the other to ground(top of in dash works fine too) and just switch when u want video. like a mini parking brake...very easy

Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
I think thats what I said above, isnt it?
fhurt5 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know how to watch video while the car is not parked on a Pioneer AVIC N2? This is a new model and the installer installed a switch to disable the speed sensor. THis only works for a minute before the video goes out. I have to keep resetting this switch while driving. I think its picking up signals from the gps. I heard this unit is much smarter than the N1. Does anyone know how to get this thing working?

Thanks

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

for the 5700DVD, none of the above are correct.

after powering up the player, the parking brake m ust be applied, released, and then RE-APPLIED.  you can do this with a switch as described above, but none of the responses really covered what you must "do" with the switch. if you can't figure out my advice, too bad.  you shouldn't be installing a video head anyhow.

now...onto the AVIC-N2...

it can be bypassed, but Pioneer has good reasoning behind the fact that they don't want us to.  get over it and watch your nav or vehicle dynamics on the monitor up front...hmmm...i can view video on secondary monitors?  interesting!

that's all i'm saying....buwahahahaha!!!

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic