icon

best alarm under $200

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mediashock 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

hey i need a new 2way alarm and i was looking at the viper 791xv, is that the best buy for under 200$. i can get it for 190$ + 20$ shipping.

if anyone has any suggestions for other alarms or know where i can get the viper cheaper please let me know i need one this week ang i got the $

thanks

mediashock 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

i dont care if it has warranty. if it dont work ill never buy from them again.. lol.. i have a fusion currently and never had a problem.  anyone know where i can get one?

xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

YOU CAN VIPER 791XV OR CLIFFORD MATRIX 3.5 OR COMPUSTAR ABOUT $200 IF YOU CAR HAVE 5-SP GO WITH COMPUSTAR

vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
i got the viper 791 for 198 shipped from electronicsbonanza.com. I found the place on Yahoo Shopping. I love it and it has plenty of upgrades and extras.
windowpane 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

bobk, where is that mentioned, that your warranty is void if not purchased through a DEI dealer?  I checked the owner's manual on directed's site for the 791xv and it only mentions the installation.

windowpane 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I'm not getting it, I see installed and serviced as meaning the installation and setup of the alarm which I would have done by an authorized dealer, the initial purchase I might do through a non-authorized dealer to save money. 

Thanks for the quick reply and answer. 

windowpane 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

I can see trying to argue the point that the warranty doesn't specifically state the unit must be purchased and installed by an authorized dealer but to save about 100 bucks which is what I figure I could save, give or take I wouldn't mess with it.  I read the warranty up to the full caps and missed that part.   As I mentioned I would have it professionally installed anyway with a couple of extra modules.

niper0108 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

I can set you up with a 2 way car alarm, with or without remote start. Well under $200, and includes vehicle wiring diagram and warranty. Email me for more info...

niper0108@yahoo.com

Jeff 

bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

Why worry about the warranty?

If you're saving almost $100, just buy another one if the first one goes bad.  It's ridiculous to pay 50% more for the item just so you'll have a warranty.  It will cost you even more to have it professionally installed.  Just buy the alarm for $200 and install it yourself.  Screw DEI and their warranty.

I bought a Clifford AvantGuard 5 system that is supposedly NOT to be sold "over the counter".  These companies are so full of themselves.  I said Screw the purchase from authorized dealer that charges TWO TIMES what I can get it for elsewhere and installed it myself.  AvantGuards are just about the best alarms in the world.  It really isn't that hard.  A few more wires and connections than a typical alarm (because has anti-car jacking feature), but do-able none the less.

Just buy your alarm for the BEST deal and install it yourself.  It's spring time and usually nice weather to get outside and take on such a project.  You'll learn quite a bit and will be able to take pride in saving yourself about $200 worth of installation costs and you'll probably do a TEN TIMES better job than an installer would do on your car anyway.

Go for it and good luck!

specialauto 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
No one likes AudioVox? Prestige?... the two way remote is costy depending on what car you have, but there one of the best.
Canadian Auto Sound
Starting Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic